stoplight switch

-
If you are talking about the one that is triggered by the brake pedal, then step 1 is get good at being a contortionist. It's a PIA to get to. Luckily, I had my front seat out when I needed to adjust mine and could lay on the floor.

The brake switch is attached to an "L" shaped bracket.

The bracket is attached to the brake pedal support that goes from the firewall to the dash frame.

The adjusting bolt is accessible from the pass side of the steering column.

As mentioned it's a bit of a challenge to find the bolt but once you do, you loosen it then move the "L" bracket forward or backwards till the lights are off when the pedal is in its resting position.

Be carefully, you can adjust it too much and the brake light will stay off even though you are pressing on the brake and you can have it too much the other way and and it prevents the pedal from returning all the way.

FSM has the procedure.

The red cir is the adjusting bolt and slide.
Screenshot_20240412-192550.png

The blue circle is the "L' bracket. This one is tweaked out of shape

Screenshot_20240412-192625.png

I just adjusted mine. Very difficult to get to. I also took the front seat out, makes it much easier. I had my son hold the switch bracket with a screwdriver while I tightened the bolt.

I'm 5' 10" 240 lbs

My dart has a split bench.

I can access the adjusting bolt with a 3/8 drive socket wrench and an extension.

Not that big of a deal.

Thanks for all the advise, I think I have it working ok.

-
Back