Strange scratches in paint question...

-

MiradaMegaCab

Reaction score
1764A644-7824-4A64-8403-00711003247E.jpeg
So on my 2007 Dodge Ram I have surface scratches on my paint but only by the body panel gaps. The scratches are mostly horizontal and are only at the body panel gaps( between the front fenders and front door, the front door and the rear door, the rear door and the cab. As stated they are mostly horizontal, sort of appears as if the scratches are from wind blown contaminates such as surface dust while driving as they are only on the leading edge of panel gaps but are mostly on the trailing edge of panel gaps.
I do not go off roading, I keep the truck clean and waxed. There aren’t any swirl marks from washing/ waxing on any of my vehicles....I’m at a loss here!
This is an ongoing issue as I’ve been able to compound the scratches out and remove them for the most part. But they eventually return..... Help!

I can't tell you where they came from but they may be returning because you did not really get rid of them. Some buffing compounds have fillers that help mask the scratches and eventually get washed off and then the scratches resurface.

EE112E08-2C0F-4B54-AD09-54CA669C18A2.jpeg
The problem is that the scratches keep returning on every one of the body panels vertical gaps trailing edge..... and only by each body panel gap, not the entire panel itself.
Pics are of the passenger side fender and front door.... I’m well aware of paint maintenance products such as the above listed products. My issue is that the scratches will magically reappear as if its being wind blown...
I’ve never seen this before. Strange

The only hing I can think of is leaning over the truck to clean or de-ice the windows and a button or belt buckle is scratching it.

You use any of the car washes with rotating brushes? Last picture almost looks like paint is cracking under clear, but it polished out unless the clear is lifting and the polishing levels it back out. Kind of strange.

I bought a finish product called torque. Google it if you want. I used it on my black srt8 with awesome results.

-
Back