Strange starting issue...

-

Marcelo Dart BR

Reaction score
Well, last week the Dart was ok, everything fine. When I was getting into the garage it started to stumble and died. Then I started it again and parked.

Today I tried to start the car but nothing happened. If I pump the gas a couple of times it starts but doesn't idles and then dies. If I open the gas about a half and start, the engine revs to 1500 rpm for a while and then the rpm drops and it dies again, if I insist pumping the gas the carb backfires badly.

My carb is a Holley Double Pumper, I thought the power valve was blown, but I opened the carb and the PV seems to be ok.

What else could be causing this?

What kind of Ignition are you using?,today i start my car up from sitting for 5 days and it start then died, start again and ran a little and died, i found that i only had 4.5 volts to the coil out of my 6AL box,so i order a new one, Not saying that this is your problem but just a place to start looking if you feel your get enough fuel.

Green1, apparently you were right. I think the fuel pump isn't working well. There was some fuel in the filter and in the carb squirters. I couldn't see the carb working because I was doing it all alone... The pump is sending very little fuel. Tomorrow I'll buy a new one.

thanks!

-
Back