Street Racer Crashes at Pike Peak Raceway

-

70aarcuda

Master Hoader of SBM
Legendary Member
Reaction score
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uud7rcwhI5U&feature=player_embedded"]MVI 2008 - YouTube[/ame]

and somehow he walked away...

Must have had a death grip on that steering wheel

Wow, he used up a lot of luck on that deal. Was a nice car. I guess that says a lot for roll bars/cages and safety harnesses.

safety harness only work if you us them:violent1:

That was a wild ride for both cars. i thought they were going to hit each other!

I heard he didn't install the harness properly. Those 55 Chevys never did want to go sideways very well. Lucky guy!

looks similar to another 55 that wrecked that I recently saw.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOgqUHk-zDY"]American Graffiti (10/10) Movie CLIP - Drag Race at Paradise Road (1973) HD - YouTube[/ame]

This was posted earlier. Sounds like he spent money on everything except a cage and belts

I just noticed that is at pikes peak raceway ......I have been there before because that is not all that far from my house.

This is the first time I ever heard of drag races there because its actually a circle track. They have swap meets in the middle usually. has a neat tunnel under the track to the middle

Thanx for that Miss Rani, Cause Now I feel really, really, really old,....Born in March, 62

Looks like a pro street car trying to be a race car.

I am sure there are a lot of pro street guys that have wrecked like that trying to race.

the chevy in the left lane is the one started swervin caused the '55 to move out of his path then start losing control

no spool or no locker, you better know how to launch straight and keep it under control

Thank you Tony for wording the title with care…these are street racers, not drag racers…and stupid ones at best. Sounds like the 55 is turbo charged....what a freaking waste of beautiful machinery....let’s take a couple high powered cars on an un-prepped piece of asphalt and race them, because, you know...that's smart :violent1:. Looks like they were both skating around, and spinning the tires all the way down the 1/8 mile "track"....:wack:

-
Back