stroker kit?

-

unknownsnake

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the 440 source stroker kits? If so how much work had to be done to the black other then bore?

Large radius on cranks pinch the bearings. You get what you pay for

They can't be to bad. ALOT of the engine builders in the Mopar Muscle Mag Amsoil build off use them. They make hugh power with them. Alot of guys use them with great results. You will hear it is overseas crap but most of the name brand companies buy their material overseas also.

I have their 500'' kit in a 65 Coronet. The car is about 3700lbs w/ me in it. Last year it ran 10.85 spinning off the line. 60ft times were 1.7's once I get the suspension figured out it should get me down to the 10.30 range. Not bad for a heavy car running on pump gas. I am using alot of there parts and would buy their stuff again.

You don't need the fancy name brand stuff to go fast. JMO

same here. i used the 500 4.15 kit too. minimal balancing required. no mallory metal. everything lightened.my radii were fine. good bang for the buck.

The 440 Source Stroker Kits require very careful scrutiny & measuring BEFORE assembly.
Do NOT assume it is " perfect", and ready to go.
The Cranks, Pistons & Rods are all good value for Money, however, the Machining on those parts, from my experience, is not good at times, especially of late ?
IMO,
Take it to your Machinist and have them check it over VERY CAREFULLY !

Dont bother with getting 440 source to balance everything. Have your machinist do that.

Keep in mind that all 440 sources stuff is made in China.

Ummmm... No it's not...

The pistons don't come from china last I knew.

Check EVERYTHING regardless of where you buy it from, just good practice.

there are alot of guys running this kits with good outcomes... people get to up tight with this stuff...even if it was china stuff or american you still need to check everything out..mike

My Son and I put a 440 Source 499 strokerkit in his 440 last year. Everything was well balanced when we checked it. Had to do a little machining inside the block but not much. We did have it line bored and deck. One of the best things you should have done to a block. Made 600 HP on the Dyno.

Attachments

• motor.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 127
-
Back