Stroker Kits

-

HawaiiDuster

Reaction score
Seems that the price for a stock stroke crank for a 340 is the same as a 4" stroker. So who has the best prices on these kits? So far the best I've found was (for a forged balanced kit) the Scat kit 1-48013BI for $1682 + $79 for shipping. Not building anything too crazy at the moment, but would like to stick with a forged crank kit just in case. Any other kits out there any of you guys might know of?

People dont like it but there are kits for 1200 but with eagle cranks. Which I have seen people on this site use, but not with a 4 speed. If It was me, I would be fine with running it as long as I was not running a 4 speed or nitrous.

Are you wanting H-Beams or I-Beams (I used H-Beams in mine)

You can piece a kit together for less. I used a Scat Forged Crank in my TT Build and Falcon H Beam Rods with Arp Studs off ebay. They look JUST like the Scats. My Pistons are a differant story..... Do not buy it balanced, have it balanced by a local shop.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/H-be...rQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_2695wt_803

I've been pricing it by the piece and it seems I can get it done for a few bucks less.....just gotta see what the balancing is gonna cost. That's a good price they got on those Falcon rods and they seem to be the same rod as the Scat. They probably come out of the same factory in China :sad7:

I've been pricing it by the piece and it seems I can get it done for a few bucks less.....just gotta see what the balancing is gonna cost. That's a good price they got on those Falcon rods and they seem to be the same rod as the Scat. They probably come out of the same factory in China :sad7:

I am pretty sure the blanks all come from there on almost all Rods and the finish machining is done here in the US.

So far the best I've found was (for a forged balanced kit) the Scat kit 1-48013BI for $1682 + $79 for shipping.

Would you mind me asking where you found that price? I googled it, and found a company called Race Mart selling the Scat kit for $1608.

RaceMart link

I am looking at the same kit from Summit, but for a 360. They should be running their summer discount soon . I was told they we be running it again this month by one of their sales advisors.

I've been swayed away from using the H beam rods by several respected people. They are heavier and are overkill for a hot street engine. I plan on running the Scat I beams and saving a few bucks.

Would you mind me asking where you found that price? I googled it, and found a company called Race Mart selling the Scat kit for $1608.

RaceMart link

I am looking at the same kit from Summit, but for a 360. They should be running their summer discount soon . I was told they we be running it again this month by one of their sales advisors.

I've been swayed away from using the H beam rods by several respected people. They are heavier and are overkill for a hot street engine. I plan on running the Scat I beams and saving a few bucks.

The kit I was looking at was from Flatlander. It's the same kit as RaceMart, but you might want to ask them if it actually comes with H-Beam rods. It says it in the description, but that kit number from Scat is with I-Beam rods. If RaceMart actually has the H-Beam rods in their kit, I'd buy it.

Yes they weigh more but if plan to upgrade the rods are already there. I personally run h beams each time I build an engine (forged only of course). I'd rather over build a motor then underbuild it.

Yes they weigh more but if plan to upgrade the rods are already there. I personally run h beams each time I build an engine (forged only of course). I'd rather over build a motor then underbuild it.

I feel the same way, thats why I was looking for a forged kit with H-Beam rods. Can never tell when that wild hair might pop up and cause you to build something crazy. Don't want to have to buy the parts over again. Plus the slight bit you may lose by using the heavier parts won't make that big a difference on the street, or on the track if its a street driven car.

I agree with both of you. H beams are a good investment. I guess in my own personal build they are overkill. I'm not going to spray or add boost. I beams will be fine at my intended horsepower level.

I was looking at Flatlander's site, and the same kit as you are looking at, is $1659 for the 408. That's a good price.

You can type the Scat kit part number into the Summit Racing web site and get a price and they have free shipping.

Do not get a Scat balanced kit. Their balance is crap and you'll have to have a local shop balance for you anyway.

Summit is on to racemarts deal. They won't likely price match that. I talked my way around it, but, racemart has almost nothing in stock and is a drop shipper. Shipping is a KILLER from them.

If that's the part number, look on scats site for what's included in the kit. If the scat site says H-beams, that's what it should have.

Scats site says I-Beams, thats why I sent them a message. Flatlanders site says the same thing, H-Beam until you actually ask them then they say $130 extra. I wonder how many guys just ordered it without asking and had it show up with I-Beams.

Race-Mart update (suggest people stay away)

Me: Your stroker kit # SCT-1-48013-1 states that it comes with H-Beam rods in more that one place on that page. Just want to make sure that it does come with H-Beam rods. If it does, I would like to order this kit. What would the shipping cost to Las Vegas ?

Them: Hi Craig,
Yes, it does.
When you add it to the cart the site will calculate it for you. Be sure to register first.
Thanks,

Me: Are the kits in stock?

Them: Craig: Thanks for your inquiry.
Scat has everything to assemble your rotating assembly, except the pistons. They are building those right now. They can get your rotating assembly done by this Friday, or next Monday, and ship it to you.
If this time frame is O.K. with you, please order it and we will get the ball rolling.
Thanks again for using Race-Mart
Bob

I then send an email to Scat to verify and this is what Scat tells me:

The kit consist of Forged crank, Forged I-beam rods, and Forged pistons. It takes about 1 week to get the pistons, and they are ordered once the kit is ordered. The shipping would be about 80-90 dollars for the kit, but they might offer a lower rate.

Thank you,

So I send this message to Race-Mart:
I contacted Scat and they told me that the kit you have listed comes with I-Beam rods and not H-Beam rods. I would hate to order it and have it show up with I-Beam rods. They also said that they don't order pistons until someone orders a kit.

Their reply:Craig: Thank you for your inquiry.
Yes, that rotating assembly NOW has I beam rods in it, not H beams.
We went around with Scat, they changed the connecting rods and Never told us, or anyone.
So, that assembly with H beam rods is $125.00 more for the H beams, subtracting the I beams.
Please call, or send us the credit card information (we never keep CC#'s on file) and we will get Scat to up grade your order , using H beam rods.
Thanks again for using Race-Mart.
Bob

Soooo if I didn't do my part and check, I would have been stuck with I-Beam rods and they wouldn't have made it right even though they said it would come with H-Beams. If you read their terms, they aren't responsible for anything since it ships from the manufacturer and the manufacturer made the change to the kit.
And to use Race-Mart you have to register and agree to their terms. I read it and I'm definately not agreeing to it. So I guess Race-Mart is out as far as I'm concerned.

Thats the kit with the cast crank and a inexpensive way to make some good street/strip power. It's also for a 360 block.

I gots a 360!!! haha, Sep, I would need .40 over pistons and if that cast is only good to 500, might as well piece together or something!

Fwom qhat I Have researched, 1700 is a pretty good price for an all forged kit. I am looking at a similar set up for my 360 MAg to 408 all forged as I plan on running at least 150 shot of gas.

i bought the scat kit. i beams and cast crank. i'm never going to build it to have enough power to hurt it.

-
Back