stroker motor almost ready

-

northeastmopar

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Got a peek at the stroker. Machine shop just needs to install the roller rockers and pushrods and do a little adjusting and I can take her home.

Attachments

• STROKER-PICTURES_0313.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 232
  • stroker motor_0009_edited-1.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 184
Very nice! I like the blacked out look. My short block will be all black and everything from there up will be aluminum.

My 408 is at the machine shop now also. They haven't done much except clean and measure my block so far. Are you going to break it in yourself? Mine will be dyno'd and tuned at the machine shop.

Very nice! I like the blacked out look. My short block will be all black and everything from there up will be aluminum.

My 408 is at the machine shop now also. They haven't done much except clean and measure my block so far. Are you going to break it in yourself? Mine will be dyno'd and tuned at the machine shop.

Unfortunately my guy got rid of his dyno after he did my last engine. So I do trust his expertise but I will have to do the break in. Then I will run it up the road to another shop and have them dyno tune the carb and timing, so I think I should be OK. Pre-prime the oil pump with the primer shaft and drill. Fire her up and run her at 2000 rpm for twenty minutes or so and I should be good to go, I HOPE.

Unfortunately my guy got rid of his dyno after he did my last engine. So I do trust his expertise but I will have to do the break in. Then I will run it up the road to another shop and have them dyno tune the carb and timing, so I think I should be OK. Pre-prime the oil pump with the primer shaft and drill. Fire her up and run her at 2000 rpm for twenty minutes or so and I should be good to go, I HOPE.
Flat tappet or roller?? if it's a flat tappet and you have dual valve springs you need to pull one set out for break-in or you'll flatten the cam, jmo

Flat tappet or roller?? if it's a flat tappet and you have dual valve springs you need to pull one set out for break-in or you'll flatten the cam, jmo

Point well taken. I will slide this by my engine builder as it is flat tappets. I have never heard of this, but there are many things that I have never heard of, so I will slide it by him. Thank you for the input. I would not want to do damage to this little guy.

Point well taken. I will slide this by my engine builder as it is flat tappets. I have never heard of this, but there are many things that I have never heard of, so I will slide it by him. Thank you for the input. I would not want to do damage to this little guy.
Glad to help don't forget the proper break-in oil, something with lots of zddp, I used the comp cams break-in oil, good protection IMO, I guess there are break-in springs you can use instead of pulling one set out. wish you all the best!! I love my stroker.

Some people just remove inner spring on a dual spring set....other fire it up and break them in with the dual springs...

looks like you have stock edelbrock springs..which is a single spring with a damper ...nothing to remove..

Some people just remove inner spring on a dual spring set....other fire it up and break them in with the dual springs...

looks like you have stock edelbrock springs..which is a single spring with a damper ...nothing to remove..

That makes it a little easier. I originally got a set of springs to match the Lunati cam. When I decided to go with the edelbrock heads they came all set up with springs. I wondered how I should approach this issue and called edelbrock. They told me to just use the springs on their heads as they would handle my build with no issues. I hope they are right. I plan on discussing this with my machinist as well. He was just getting ready to install the pro-comp roller rockers and pushrods which he had top order.

how much you got into it if you dont mind me asking

i was going to build a stroker last summer and now i am going for a 360+.030 looking for pistons guy sent me brand new 1ns kb107s but were .060 so still going backwards really want that stroker yet pistons to trade or sell cheap if you know some 1 kb 107.060 with rings brand new 200.00 or 225.00 or trade for 360.030 brand new no rings nesss i"ll eat that price too gl with stroker

how much you got into it if you dont mind me asking

i was going to build a stroker last summer and now i am going for a 360+.030 looking for pistons guy sent me brand new 1ns kb107s but were .060 so still going backwards really want that stroker yet pistons to trade or sell cheap if you know some 1 kb 107.060 with rings brand new 200.00 or 225.00 or trade for 360.030 brand new no rings nesss i"ll eat that price too gl with stroker

Just did the math and added all the slips as I brought her home today. Everything except the block is brand new. Including the intake and Holley 750, and the eddy aluminumheads, the tab was about $6800.00. I can tell you that $1800.00 of that was for the machine work and assembly. The rest is in parts. Some folks say I should just buy a crate motor, but I enjoyed choosing my own parts and working with my machine shop. I learn a lot each time I have done this. This one will be my third time and my first Stroker and hopefully the best one I have worked on thus far. Time will tell. I hope to be starting this motor in the late Spring.

Some folks say I should just buy a crate motor, but I enjoyed choosing my own parts and working with my machine shop.

My buddy said the same thing when he found out how much I had spent. He also said that we could have built THREE good running 360's for what I'm spending on my 408. He is probably right, but wait til I pin him back in the seat. :burnout:

For cam break-in instructions go to hughesengines.com then click on tech support then instruction sheets then cam instruction

The manifold is a new special edition Nascar and it is powder coated by edelbrock. It will match the Mopar black powder coated valve covers real nice.

Not really a close match but they'll all be black.

I didn't see your valve covers in your pics, but Edelbrock uses their own "special" powder colors -- that semi matte look you have, and another proprietary finish called EnduraShine. To my knowledge, the only powder coated Mopar valve covers are aftermarket fabricated ones or those that are now available for SRTs. If you've got Mopar Performance valve covers, they're painted.

-
Back