Strut Rod Bushing Question

-

octanejunkie

Mopar Padawan
Reaction score
My strut rod bushings are moog style with cups but are rotted out. Went to my suspension supply to get new ones, all they had were factory style or Energy Suspension poly ones. I bought the poly ones

He told me that a fairly large Chrysler resto shop he works with ONLY orders the poly ones and he recommended I install WITHOUT the cups the moog ones had

Any advice on poly vs. rubber? My hunch is poly will be much stiffer so I haven't installed them yet...

My strut rod bushings are moog style with cups but are rotted out. Went to my suspension supply to get new ones, all they had were factory style or Energy Suspension poly ones. I bought the poly ones

He told me that a fairly large Chrysler resto shop he works with ONLY orders the poly ones and he recommended I install WITHOUT the cups the moog ones had

Any advice on poly vs. rubber? My hunch is poly will be much stiffer so I haven't installed them yet...

I worked at a shop and restored uhh, corvettes, and all we ever used was rubber. We did a lot of suspension work on other brands as well. The boss swore rubber was better for ride and no squeaks. He's been doing it for over twenty years. So maybe he's on to something.
I put poly ones in my 65 Barracuda because I got them free, no squeak and rides fine. Grease them when you install them.

I believe the Energy Suspension versions are 2-piece and much easier to install and, of course, they last much longer. I had them put on my race car several years ago.

-
Back