Stupidity running rampant....

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
Was on the way to get dog food today. Was on Highway 2 heading towards Spokane, in an area called the "west plains". It is just all open farm fields. Was 9th in a line of vehicles. Youngster in a little import was behind me, weaving like he was going to pass. Sure enough, got to a passing lane and around he comes....whaling out the fart can hanging off the back end. As he got passed the front car in the pack a car was cresting the hill, coming towards us......it was a Washington State Patrol....he was on the brakes with the roof lights on as we approached him....several of us were already heading towards the shoulder. Got up the road a ways and there was Junior, with the cuffs on already...:eek:ops:...

Poor little junior,that little bastard....prob crying wantin his momma..lol...yea we have some of the punks around here...glad to see they got him...bet you were laughing as you went around him.....

Had the same thing happen on a road trip through Canada. Big truck, Some type of modern blob then me as #3 in line. Blind hill with a double yellow stripe, truck slows a bit. Blob floors it to pass and an RCMP cruiser appears ahead cresting the rise. 360's came on and blob just pulled over and stopped. Canadians are polite even when they act like idiots apparently LOL!

Heading up skiing to Mccall in middle Idaho during a snowstorm and some yahoo in a monster truck is on my tail and starts to pass at the bottom of a blind hill..... He thought better of it about the time he was beside me ascending the short hill with double lines....

I learned to drive in MN winters , I assure you I am not timid in the snow ! But I know the difference between agressive and stupid !

Years ago, commuting CDA to Spokane in the "SKUD missile" (low flying, poorly guided missile)

We had a winter day, part of the freeway was down to gravell--ly tire tracks with slush and snow out of the tracks. I used to try and stay between bunches of cars. I was about right, pacing the traffic and staying in the clear.

So I was all by myself, a few hundred yards behind the "bunch" and quite aways ahead of the rear bunch. I was doing I guess 45, and was only doing that fast to keep in the clear

So here he comes. The one in a hurry. REALLY truckin, I'd guess at least 60. He BARELY gets past me...........this is two lanes divided both directions..........and he starts doin' loops, rolls, hell, acrobatics I can't even name. The problem was, I could not slow down faster than HE was and he was takin up most of the damn road.

I got slowed, clear over on the shoulder, and I'm damn near clippin the marker posts. I was conSIDerin' hittin the ditch

He slid past, round and round, missed the old 78 Ferd LTDII by about a foot.

Two, three minutes later, ??WHU?? Here he comes AGAIN, thundering up from the rear, and this time managed to get by and go BO'ing down the damn road.

I once was on the way to my friend, Doug's house. I was close by waiting to make a left turn. A guy in the opposite flow of traffic was coming up to the intersection in the right lane, then crossed the middle lane into the left turn lane, then swerved back to the right lane and made a right turn, all without a turn signal. There was a cop at the light to my left in the right hand lane of a two lane street and his direction was red. He flipped on his lights and cranked a U-turn and pulled the guy over right under the viaduct! That made my day. Finally a cop when you need one. LOL!

I love it when these a--hole drivers get caught.

Going through Iowa a Corvette passed us on the shoulder at high speed. We were doing 75 or so and it scared the crap out of us. Our little Dodge 024 was almost blown off the road. Here comes the troopers. Next thing we see are several cop cars, and some dude in handcuffs face down in the dirt. The best part. His license plate said payed4. Boy I'll bet he did!

The wife and I had an anniversary coming up and took a few days off and decided to hop in the car and drive wherever and spend the night somewhere, we packed a change of clothes and off we went in our 77 Volare Roadrunner. We decided to pick up Route 6 and go east until we felt like stopping for dinner and getting a room for the night, we ended up stopping in the Scranton/Wilkes Barre area. It was very nice and scenic ride and was a mostly uneventful trip.

The following morning we get up, check out and go have breakfast and decide to drop further south on I-81 to I-80 to head back home, so were on 80 heading west and went say 75 miles doing a liesurly 60, and this yellow Camaro Z28 flies by me in the hammer lane doing an easy 85-90 MPH, wife comments, "man he's in a hurry". Keep driving and in about 10 miles there is a PA trooper off the side of the road with a car pulled over and sure enough there was that yellow Camaro on the side of the road with the trooper standing at the drivers door, ticket book in hand.

We continue on and about 8 or 9 miles down the road I look in the side mirror and told the wife "here he comes" and same deal, flies by doing a good clip again. We continue on our merry way searching radio stations and whatnot, drive maybe another 40 miles See a Trooper on the side with the lights on and son of a gun there's that Camaro again! Same deal trooper standing by the car, ticket book in hand. This time I commented as we passed "Didn't learn your lesson the first time did ya".

Onward we go getting closer to I-79 (Still over 100 miles away) where I will head north, again went about 10 miles and here he comes again, this time he was damn near a blur when he passed me easy triple digits, after almost an hour of driving I started thinking that we would never see him again. Until about 45 miles from the I-79 interchange we see there's a Trooper on the side again with the lights on, as we got closer there was actually 3 Trooper cars, 2 in the back, 1 in the front, a yellow Camaro in between, 1 trooper standing by the Camaro holding the drivers door open, 1 trooper inside the Camaro searching it, and the other trooper in his patrol car with the driver sitting in the back seat.

3 strikes, your OUT!

Had the same thing happen on a road trip through Canada. Big truck, Some type of modern blob then me as #3 in line. Blind hill with a double yellow stripe, truck slows a bit. Blob floors it to pass and an RCMP cruiser appears ahead cresting the rise. 360's came on and blob just pulled over and stopped. Canadians are polite even when they act like idiots apparently LOL!

I am very sorry but I take great offense to that.

Haha...j/k

But I'm still sorry.

I am very sorry but I take great offense to that.

Haha...j/k

But I'm still sorry.

I'm very very sorry that your offended...or something like that. Sorry! LOL!

My wife is from Victoria B.C......she's also very polite. When it suits her :p

I'm very very sorry that your offended...or something like that. Sorry! LOL!

My wife is from Victoria B.C......she's also very polite. When it suits her :p

Ahh! I used to live in Victoria when I was a young lad! Perhaps I may know her or her family!

the wife and i had an anniversary coming up and took a few days off and decided to hop in the car and drive wherever and spend the night somewhere, we packed a change of clothes and off we went in our 77 volare roadrunner. We decided to pick up route 6 and go east until we felt like stopping for dinner and getting a room for the night, we ended up stopping in the scranton/wilkes barre area. It was very nice and scenic ride and was a mostly uneventful trip.

The following morning we get up, check out and go have breakfast and decide to drop further south on i-81 to i-80 to head back home, so were on 80 heading west and went say 75 miles doing a liesurly 60, and this yellow camaro z28 flies by me in the hammer lane doing an easy 85-90 mph, wife comments, "man he's in a hurry". Keep driving and in about 10 miles there is a pa trooper off the side of the road with a car pulled over and sure enough there was that yellow camaro on the side of the road with the trooper standing at the drivers door, ticket book in hand.

We continue on and about 8 or 9 miles down the road i look in the side mirror and told the wife "here he comes" and same deal, flies by doing a good clip again. We continue on our merry way searching radio stations and whatnot, drive maybe another 40 miles see a trooper on the side with the lights on and son of a gun there's that camaro again! Same deal trooper standing by the car, ticket book in hand. This time i commented as we passed "didn't learn your lesson the first time did ya".

Onward we go getting closer to i-79 (still over 100 miles away) where i will head north, again went about 10 miles and here he comes again, this time he was damn near a blur when he passed me easy triple digits, after almost an hour of driving i started thinking that we would never see him again. Until about 45 miles from the i-79 interchange we see there's a trooper on the side again with the lights on, as we got closer there was actually 3 trooper cars, 2 in the back, 1 in the front, a yellow camaro in between, 1 trooper standing by the camaro holding the drivers door open, 1 trooper inside the camaro searching it, and the other trooper in his patrol car with the driver sitting in the back seat.

3 strikes, your out!

lol

The wife and I had an anniversary coming up and took a few days off and decided to hop in the car and drive wherever and spend the night somewhere, we packed a change of clothes and off we went in our 77 Volare Roadrunner. We decided to pick up Route 6 and go east until we felt like stopping for dinner and getting a room for the night, we ended up stopping in the Scranton/Wilkes Barre area. It was very nice and scenic ride and was a mostly uneventful trip.

The following morning we get up, check out and go have breakfast and decide to drop further south on I-81 to I-80 to head back home, so were on 80 heading west and went say 75 miles doing a liesurly 60, and this yellow Camaro Z28 flies by me in the hammer lane doing an easy 85-90 MPH, wife comments, "man he's in a hurry". Keep driving and in about 10 miles there is a PA trooper off the side of the road with a car pulled over and sure enough there was that yellow Camaro on the side of the road with the trooper standing at the drivers door, ticket book in hand.

We continue on and about 8 or 9 miles down the road I look in the side mirror and told the wife "here he comes" and same deal, flies by doing a good clip again. We continue on our merry way searching radio stations and whatnot, drive maybe another 40 miles See a Trooper on the side with the lights on and son of a gun there's that Camaro again! Same deal trooper standing by the car, ticket book in hand. This time I commented as we passed "Didn't learn your lesson the first time did ya".

Onward we go getting closer to I-79 (Still over 100 miles away) where I will head north, again went about 10 miles and here he comes again, this time he was damn near a blur when he passed me easy triple digits, after almost an hour of driving I started thinking that we would never see him again. Until about 45 miles from the I-79 interchange we see there's a Trooper on the side again with the lights on, as we got closer there was actually 3 Trooper cars, 2 in the back, 1 in the front, a yellow Camaro in between, 1 trooper standing by the Camaro holding the drivers door open, 1 trooper inside the Camaro searching it, and the other trooper in his patrol car with the driver sitting in the back seat.

3 strikes, your OUT!

I remember Route 6...had a friend that lived off of it by some Lake....think it started with a Walem.....Used to go to Port Jervis and go up NY 97 several times a month during the riding season.

Before I moved up here to Washington I was here visiting in the winter. Was heading towards Spokane on Highway 2, south of Deer Park. There was a crap load of snow, and the road was terrible. I was turning into a small pet store on the left side of the road. No oncoming traffic so I put my signal on and moved into the North bound lane driving south....with the thought that the folsk behind me would not have to brake for me.....vehicle behind me had no problem, the one behind him...well.....looked like just as I moved over he had the idea pass both of us. As I was pulling off of the road he came by the tail end of the Explore, sideways. He ended up hitting the guardrail while sliding sideways at about 30 mph. Impact was brutal sounding. Store owner was standing out in the parking area having a cup of coffee. I looked at the mini van up against the guard rail and just shrugged my shoulders. Store owner told me that there are several wrecks a winter right there....thanks to the hill, the curves in the road and folks stupidity. When I was leaving I went over to talk to the WSP officer...asked if he needed a statement from me. Said won't be necessary...driver of the min-van was drunk...Officer told me that he had 5 previous DUI's...While I was standing there talking to him in the parking lot of the pet store there was another minor collision right in the same spot....

yeah we have a mountain here, RT 70 goes over it... everyone drives 75-80

at the bottom going eastbound there is a long curve with the yellow curve sign that says 55mph

the local vol. fire crew calls it 'wreck of the week club' ... the Myersville fire dept constantly has to respond to wrecks there. one of the maryland state troopers that patrols went ahead and got certified on some EMT stuff. if he gets there first he will poke 'em with an IV to save their life.

anyways one day on that mountain it was snowing and slippery I had a piggy back tractor trailer next to me he was losing grip and doing the ziggity zag but he made the turn thank god.

on another day I saw a rig along the side a little ford ranger or s10 or something was under the back end of the rig only the bed sticking out... the cab was gone

on another snowy day I saw one of those propane trucks (basically a bomb with 4 wheels) you could tell by the tracks in the snow a car cut him off and he spun out landed on the median truck facing up hill. :/

also saw a dumptruck that went down the other side of the mountain going westbound ***fully loaded*** a car cut him off he rolled the dumptruck it went across both lanes rolling then took out a whole swath of trees landed upright and on the CB the truckers were saying he walked away from it... lucky some bich lemme tell ya

I have noticed its not guys that are driving crazy anymore it is girls...And multi tasking as they are doing 85-90 Mph..Talking on there cell phones doing makeup smoking a cigarette..You can always tell too because they are all over the road as they come up behind you...I let them go by and steer clear of them..As they go by I give them the trooper look...Sometimes they stop what they are doing and straighten up...Bill

Pointing the camera at the window and snapping away as they are beside you 'sometimes' gets their attention, as well

-
Back