stus demon 440

-
I have manual steering the car they came out of had PS and took less pounding to fit though probably cause of the taller deck 440.. beyond that though I can't comment on what it takes to keep PS.. sorry..

I do know that TTi doesn't make a 2" A body header anymore but their 1 3/4" headers are nice and worth the $600-$700 and would probably not require much work on them to fit with PS..

Look for the Roadkill crop duster episode on Youtube - they do it the hard way but lots of good info there though

I watched that one its was ugly but it worked. I dont care about the PS. just need headers to fit. Which I'm not opposed to making custom headers to fit the car with has little cutting has possible.

I watched that one its was ugly but it worked. I dont care about the PS. just need headers to fit. Which I'm not opposed to making custom headers to fit the car with has little cutting has possible.
Not worth making them.. might be cheaper but the labor involved is not worth it at least to me.. 1 3/4" TTi's fit and are proven to support 600hp and with a couple dents more than likely fit PS

If you do make them, better be big pipes.. 2" or so to make it worth it.. I bought my 2" headers used for $400 though.. which I had to dent to fit.. they all have to be dented can't get away from it with out running the power robbing Schumacher 1 5/8" headers, or worse stock manifolds

If I was in the market again I'd buy uncoated TTi's from Mancini, or Proparts..

Doubtful.. did you read the reviews? They don't fit a big block swapped B body, they aren't going to fit a A body.. pony up and get TTi's, Schumachers, Proparts, or swap a small block in it

Used motor? Fire it up before you install it. Cause having to yank a motor you just put in is a big buzzkill. Especially from an A body.

You need to match up your flexplate to your convertor early on because they fit together only one way. One bolt is offset. So you want to mark it. And depending on your choice of exhaust you may need to install the starter early on or not. And running the wires to the starter should be made good ahead of time also. Ask and these guys will tell you. I run fenderwells so its easy. But if your main lead to the starter burns on a pipe you have big troubles....

And DO NOT DRIVE THE CAR without the kick down linkage. You WILL kill the trans! Unless you have a full manual valve body. A shift kit wont cut it without kickdown.

I hate to sat it but Headman has earned a poor reputation. I'll sat it again. Schumacher headers will make your life very easy and will not kill nearly as much power as people think. I had no problem exceeding 500 hp with mine. I ran 11.48 @ 117 with Schumachers on mine and later discovered that it was dead lean on fuel too. I probably could have run 11.30s with them with the right jetting. I have power steering too.

-
Back