Sub connectors for 1964 Plymouth Valiant

-

Mopar64340

Reaction score
Whats up guys.

What is the best set of sub connectors for a 1964 Plymouth Valiant ?

I will have 450 hp and close to 500lbft torque. Any reinforcing recommendations?

these are probably the "best" that are reasonably priced, but a little involved to install. 63-66 Mopar Plymouth A Body Frame Connectors

i like the old MP connectors, they're a bit crude but they install easy and do what they're supposed to and they're cheap. i don't know if they make them any longer, but mancini had their "house brand" version of them, so maybe?

these look interesting, and i know hotchkis makes good stuff

if you have a convertible and don't have torque boxes, i'd recommend those to go along with the connectors.

I used the US Cartools ones and with a little trimming they look like they came from the factory. They work well! I have also installed ones made from rectangular tube and they perform equally as well, just not the nice look.

I used the US Cartools ones and with a little trimming they look like they came from the factory. They work well! I have also installed ones made from rectangular tube and they perform equally as well, just not the nice look.
I sure do like the looks and design of the US Car Tool ones. Although more work, they would be my first choice. I wish this was mine.

US Car Tool.jpg

I’m a big fan of the USCT stuff I went with the full stage 3 kit on my 66

IMG_7314.jpeg

Whats up guys.

What is the best set of sub connectors for a 1964 Plymouth Valiant ?

I will have 450 hp and close to 500lbft torque. Any reinforcing recommendations?
How do you define "best."

There's nothing wrong with making your own. They'll do the same thing as store-bought connectors at a fraction of the cost.

I have the USCT Connectors in the Grüne Hölle '64 Dart.
Follow the instructions and weld them in.
easy.
I like them, and there are no issues other than some metal pounding, but you were expecting that on a 60 year old unibody anyway, correct?

-
Back