Sub Frame Connectors

-

72 Duster

Reaction score
I have a 72 Duster and im wanting to put a ladder bar in the back for a 9inch rearend. I've been looking at jegs and the only kind of sub frame connectors they have is for a 70-74 Barracuda, Challenger would these work or not?

For the price you can make and weld in your own.Use 2x2 or 2x3 steel tubing and have some angle plate made for the rear and 2 inch angle iron for the front pieces to weld too.Not a big deal to shape and install it if you git axcess to a welder or a friend with one,Mrmopartech

I got mine from a place called "auto rust technicians" I believe they're in maryland. They advertise in Mopar Action and have a link on the mopar action website. Mine were for a 72 duster too. Went in very nice. I used 2"x2" tubing. they also have 2"x3". I think they were around $100. Whatever you do DO NOT buy bolt ins. Mine come through the rear floor about 1/2" and weld to the floor pan. really strengthens up the unibody. With the carpet down you don't even notice them.

don

I got mine from Mancini Racing for ~$90. They can be bolted in but I welded mine in.

FWIW, Autorust Technicians are in Rhode Island

I got mine from Summit.....I got the South Side Machine weld in bars....

I got the mopar ones from Mancini for the 111" w. b. I will weld them in even though you can bolt them if you want.

Mancini doesn't carry them for the 63-66 a-bodies with the 106" wheel base. Damn

2x3 1/8" wall box tubing 51" long = $10
couple pieces of 1/8" thick 2 1/8" x 4" flat = from scraps
welding in myself = couple hours of time
strength added to 33 year old unibody car = Priceless

i was looking on bbd.com and they showed stuff on sub frame connectors, i didnt like how they didnt mount them close to the floor and there was a space i could move them up to touch the floor pans like dusterdon or go threw would making the connectors go threw the floor help even more?

-
Back