Sub Frame Diagram

-

SB69GTS

Reaction score
Does anyone here have diagrams or plans/instructions to built a body subframe connecters. Looking for the ones for a 69 Dart.
Thanks

I just made some out of 3X1.5" tubing. You can notch it and it fits right over he rear rail. Cost about $40. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pics

They are not all that hard to do. Do a search here and you will come up with all kind of pics and different ways to install them.

Use 2X3 box tubing. You will have to cut the rear floor board when installing this type of connector.

a-body-frame-connector.jpg

DSC00603.jpg

DSC00604.jpg

DSC00606.jpg

DSC00602.jpg

Mine are similar to BigSlim's, but I used 3"X1.5" box tubing. They fit tight against the floor, but didn't have to cut the floor..

Lionheart -
Just a word of caution. As noted on BigSlim's drawing, those dimensions are for 108" wheelbase A-body. Your '69 Dart has 111" wheelbase.
Adjust accordingly.

Thanks Guys, I will go with the 3 x 1.5 and weld the ends in, was hoping someone had the measurements all done for a dart body....hmmmm, maybe I will have to draw something up after i"m done.....anyways, what gauge steel did you guys use, I was thinking 1/4 would be enough. The T in the front is striaght forward, how much of the rear rail should I go over ...6" ...or more? Thanks again

Just add 3 inches to the 45 inch and the 37 3/8 inch dims..........Everything else should apply. The tubing I used is only 1/8 inch wall and IMHO is all you need.

-
Back