Subframe connectors, need info

-

604 Racing

604 RACING
Reaction score
i purchased a set of comp engineering subframe connectors for my 68 dart, they say abody dart/duster/demon, etc, but as most know, the dart and duster/demon have a different wheel base, and they were 2-3" short, but i made them work

now im looking for a set for my 71 dart, but everywhere on line that sells them has the same discription, (darts/dusters) im looking for a set, online that shows the overall length so i dont have to mess around with them to get them to fit,

anyone know where i can get an exact fitment, i belive the difference in wheelbase is 108" to 110-111"?

any information, or links to a website would be great. thanks.

I don't mean to hijack this thread but to build on it.

I've seen three types of subframe connectors used. The style used on bigblockdart how to (gap between floor board and connector), the uscartool style cut out to floor board contour, and a rectangular tubing style which protrudes through the floor boards.

I prefer the seamless look of the tight to floor board styles. So I will go with either go with the uscartool, or fab up ones from tubing. I assume the tubing style will be stronger due to being a boxed rail. Correct me if i am wrong please.

My question: What fitment issues (if any) with carpets and seats are created with cutting the floor boards and letting the rail protrude into the cab?

-
Back