Status
Not open for further replies.

65 Valiant

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hi,

does anyone have some nice,new and not needed subframe connectors?
Need them for my 65 Plymouth Valiant...
Want to use the ones without cutting the body.

thx Jan

If you can do a template of the bottom of your car i can cut a couple out for ya. I'm in West Plains, Mo 65775. I have a 65 Valiant 4 dr setting out back that i'm sure are the same. I'm sure there would be some final fitting when they got to you. Sounds like you dont have the tools to cut em out. You will need to take out the carpet when installing them or you'll burn the car down. With mine you wont need to cut the pans either. This is just a hobby for me and my hangouts in the man cave.
Small Block

If you can do a template of the bottom of your car i can cut a couple out for ya. I'm in West Plains, Mo 65775. I have a 65 Valiant 4 dr setting out back that i'm sure are the same. I'm sure there would be some final fitting when they got to you. Sounds like you dont have the tools to cut em out. You will need to take out the carpet when installing them or you'll burn the car down. With mine you wont need to cut the pans either. This is just a hobby for me and my hangouts in the man cave.
Small Block

thx for info. But isn't that too much work? I think you can buy subframe connectors ready for installation!? edelbrock,Hotchkiss??

I'm located in Germany8)

Hi,

does anyone have some nice,new and not needed subframe connectors?
Need them for my 65 Plymouth Valiant...
Want to use the ones without cutting the body.

thx Jan

Jan I don't think anybody makes them for the early A 66 and back A body's.

Maybe someone on here knows of a place that makes them and I'm wrong...

Hey Small block, I made my own "uscartool style" connectors for my 66 valiant. I still have the templates I made and would be willing to send you a tracing of them for the greater good of the early A enthusiast. Let me know,

5.JPG

6.jpg

7.JPG

With a plasma cutter one should be able to make these within an hour. Aint no hill. Like HT offered. There should be no reason there should't be a template of all of our cars so as a member could trace and cut out his own providing he has the tools. I'll take em HT. I'll PM ya an address. I'll start a collection of templates and maybe cut some connectors out for those that cant cut their own. I'll bet they'll go like hot cakes. PM sent. Thanks
Small Block

I made mine out of 11 gauge but I think the stock front and rear frames that we are connecting are 14 gauge (some one correct me if I'm wrong).

I've always used 1/8" 2x4 tube. That's .125. Strong enough to get the job done. As we speak we're cutting out a set for the 64 Savoy...at least Sammy is. I'm typing on the putter. We'll do some pics soon.
Small Block

My '63 4dr Dart is no drag car by any means, but I have been told that these improve daily driving as far as suspension is concerned. Yay, nay? I wouldn't mind making a pair for a bolt on trial. I will be putting a sway bar to kill the body roll of this boat though.

,Cliff

Make sure when you put em in the car is setting level. If the car is twisted when you put em in the car will be twisted when you set it down. Not good.
Small Block

Hey Small Block
just wrote a PM! is it possible to cut out some connectors for me?? Or who can?

thx JAN

Those are some great looking connectors, strong, lightweight, and they look like factory. Great job! toolman

65 valiant what did you end up doing? I looked at Manciini Racing ones and they wanted $189.00. I have a convertible and think I better tie mine in before something goes awry. Does anyone know if they are different because of the frame boxes for the covertible?

Those are some great looking connectors, strong, lightweight, and they look like factory. Great job! toolman

They look very strong. I tried to contact him but no reply :-(

What do you think about the uscartool ones? Do they fit my 65 Valiant?

helps are welcome

JAN

I would assume manciini is getting them from somewhere like uscartool. From some of the guys I talked to not every floor is stamped exactly perfect. I used to work on the line and can understand how that might happen if you know what I mean. So just because they say you can hold the connector up to the floor and weld away does not always hold true. There will always be some trim and fab work for the laser cut frame connectors. There has to be some more guys on the sight to way in on the issue. we will have to keep the post live and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back