Subframe connectors???

-
I'm not sure MP makes a connector for the early A's.

Yea you are going to shell out some coin for prefabbed ones. Thought about making some and selling them. Made a set for my 65 dart in about 2 hours and 20 bucks in material. Doesn't sound like you want to make some, magnum force also has sets but be prepared to shell out some cash

That fit guide is wrong. They are 67-76 items.

Yea you are going to shell out some coin for prefabbed ones. Thought about making some and selling them. Made a set for my 65 dart in about 2 hours and 20 bucks in material. Doesn't sound like you want to make some, magnum force also has sets but be prepared to shell out some cash

I just looked at a set from Hotchkis and they want 306.00 .

there was someone on fabo that was making for a decent price....

That fit guide is wrong. They are 67-76 items.

That's weird, if you click on the auto fitment tab and then on Plymouth it says 66-74.

Plymouth
Barracuda Base (1966 - 1974)
Scamp Base (1971 - 1976)
Scamp Brougham (1975 - 1975)
Valiant 200 (1966 - 1966)
Valiant Base (1966 - 1967, 1976 - 1976)
Valiant Scamp (1975 - 1975)
Valiant Signet (1966 - 1967)

I do however agree they don't look right. They should correct their page.

These are not bolt in, but custom cut for 63 to 66 a body.
I used their 67-72 on my 68, they are nice pieces.

https://store.uscartool.com/63-66-Mopar-A-Body-Frame-Connectors_p_41.html

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

I don't have a welder but at $306 I'd buy one! Thanks fellas. Does anyone have a pic of their's on the car?

I don't have a welder but at $306 I'd buy one! Thanks fellas. Does anyone have a pic of their's on the car?

I would double and triple check to make sure they fit your car, whatever you decide.

You could get a cheap 110 volt welder and the metal for a lot less and make them. I used a 110 welder and it worked great, it's all I had at the time.

Yea it's ridiculous what they want for those. Get some freakin cardboard, make a template and slap em in. Easy. I was going to start knocking them out but I don't have enough time to work on my own car let alone make stuff for someone else.

You can get a HF MIG welder, hood, gloves, grinder and 3x2 .120 wall rectangle tube, and take the wife out to lunch for that. Bolt in sub frame connectors are asking for trouble. But to each his own.

I wouldn't use bolt in style connectors either. Like as has been said already, you can make your own and have em welded in for a fraction of the cost.

not sure who i tis.. i know someone sells bolt in ones for an early a. djvcuda has a set on his 66 cuda..

Got pictures of mine somewhere, but it is a 69 and they are thru the floor....

Had a thread in here called subframe connectors redux. It shows how i fabbed em and how i fitted them, and where to cut the floor

-
Back