Suggestions for Fiberglass Hood / Bumpers - 65

-

Deucemopar

Reaction score
I am doing some research and considering a fiberglass hood and bumpers.

I found VFN and Andy's. Seems quite difference in pricing.

I am looking at pinned, race weight hood.

Does anyone have any experience or suggestions? I don't mind paying for the quality - if it is there.

Thanks

I am doing some research and considering a fiberglass hood and bumpers.

I found VFN and Andy's. Seems quite difference in pricing.

I am looking at pinned, race weight hood.

Does anyone have any experience or suggestions? I don't mind paying for the quality - if it is there.

Thanks
Glastek in Illinois. American made and fit/quality is great.

Thanks. I looked at Glasstek - they only list bumpers ... are 66 bumpers same as 65? I give em a call during week.

Thanks Grim .. I forgot about that .. lol .... if you're saving weight then ....

Thanks. I looked at Glasstek - they only list bumpers ... are 66 bumpers same as 65? I give em a call during week.

Thanks Grim .. I forgot about that .. lol .... if you're saving weight then ....
It's best to call them. They change their products constantly. Some of the rarer/less popular models they don't keep a stock of but can still make them.

I have the VFN race weight hood on my 65 Valiant. I glassed in some aluminum brackets and hung it on the hinges (no torsion bar) and pin it at the front. The fit is OK I would say. I bought it used. If you have any questions, just let me know. Good luck.

Thanks Sub. That's a good idea. The hood torsion bars are going to have to go to make room for shock tower reinforcements for the tubular k-member. Will do.

-
Back