Summers officially over!

-

newby

Reaction score
It's a sad day when that last insurable day rolls around to mark the end of summer. Cleaned her off and tucked her in. Anyone else?

last day? I drive mine year around, But I don't have the stupid salt to contend with either...

Nope...................

Just finished with our "summer" down here, and now our second summer begins! Should last 'til December. (sometimes longer).

A few weeks of cold after that, then back to "summer" again. :blob:

In the Phoenix area we have two seasons, summer and hell. Hell is about over and summer is just beginning:D

Nope...................

Just finished with our "summer" down here, and now our second summer begins! Should last 'til December. (sometimes longer).

A few weeks of cold after that, then back to "summer" again. :blob:
I wish, just gets grey and wet for a while now.:coffee2:

Is there a dead line for you on driving because of collector car insurance?
most based on mileage, I didn't understand the last insurable day part?
Salt Sucks!!
We need a chemist to design a coating that neutralizes effects of salt, what about a por15 undercoat product or something?
I don't have the problem but I feel for anyone who is limited in driving there car because of it.

Is there a dead line for you on driving because of collector car insurance?
most based on mileage, I didn't understand the last insurable day part?
Salt Sucks!!
We need a chemist to design a coating that neutralizes effects of salt, what about a por15 undercoat product or something?
I don't have the problem but I feel for anyone who is limited in driving there car because of it.
Roughly have a 6 month weather window up here, thats all. Usually insure the cars from April until October. The rest is a crap shoot ,car spends more time parked than being driven after mid September,so insuring isn't really worth it.

You should check out Silver Wheels insurance for collector cars.I pay $168 for a full year on my 73 Dart Sport 340,just can,t drive it to work.(Not that I,d want to,to many stolen at work already).Mine will be parked usually after all the leaves are off the trees.(november)

You should check out Silver Wheels insurance for collector cars.I pay $168 for a full year on my 73 Dart Sport 340,just can,t drive it to work.(Not that I,d want to,to many stolen at work already).Mine will be parked usually after all the leaves are off the trees.(november)
Thanks ,But during the summer I really enjoy driving the car as much as possible(which includes to and from work).Here's hoping for an early spring. Cheers

Nope , fairweather car only. No heater core,so no defroster or heat and then as one of the other members stated we have a real car killer.SALT!!!!!!!:wack:
I see :banghead: will im going to have heat in the cuda and im putting spray in bed liner under it to i want to drive mine when ever i want but if urs is a gts i can see why u would not lol ..... but as for not having a heater ive went to winterss with out heat .. two coats and im fine have the passger wipe down the windshild evry little bit and i was fine lol :burnout:

Be glad your not in Oklahoma. The state has hooked their computers with the insurance companies computers so they get notified if you cancel or let you policy expire. Then the state cancels your tags. You can buy a black tag (sticker) but you can't drive your car on the roads. If I can ever get my finances healed up I am going to get a car dealers lisence and then I can run everything but one car on dealer plates.

That sucks....then again our summers suck.

How's that?
Live in AZ for 15 LONG years, the summers are just brutal. First summer there we had 100 days of 100* or hotter. Once went close to 140 days with no rain. When the temps finally drop all the "snow birds" show up and the sky turns an interesting color of brownish yellow until the "snow birds" leave, which is usually right before the high heat returns....Don't miss it one bit. Developed a sinus problem that is just down right nasty....

well theres a loop hole around all that one day i will tell u bout it i cant spell good enough lol

Be glad your not in Oklahoma. The state has hooked their computers with the insurance companies computers so they get notified if you cancel or let you policy expire. Then the state cancels your tags. You can buy a black tag (sticker) but you can't drive your car on the roads. If I can ever get my finances healed up I am going to get a car dealers lisence and then I can run everything but one car on dealer plates.
Say what? So if you don't renew before it expires you're screwed?:wack:

-
Back