Summit Headers

-

64_Barracuda

Virginia Beach VA
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Need some advice on a set of headers from Summit, the guy says they will fit a early A. There book says 67 for sure, I have included the link take a look please. Also what is the difference between 4-5-6 273 and the 7-8-9 273 as far as the drivers side set up with the steering box torsion bar and all the other stuff, I would think its the same and would fit. Here is the summit part number, SUM-G9040

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...107007594&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:VRI

OOPs put this in the wrong area sorry!! Didn't see the exhaust section.

Thanks for the help,

The 63-66 A-Bodies are almost 3" narrower than the 67-76 A-Bodies and the headers "WON'T" fit. TTI and Spitfire are two companies that make chassis headers for the early A's but they are tight, the only other option is fender well headers which means you need to cut up your fender wells.

Yep that is correct, there were fendwell early hooker headers, and Dougs Previos company that were non fenderwells, but that is about it.

I run TTI, they are a mother to put on, but work great look great.

:burnout: :headbang:

mo 66 001.jpg

mo 66 005.jpg

the kicker is the driver side 3 and 5 tubes dive right into our steering box. They have to either swing back and go behind the steering link, between it and the block or up and over the entire box and shock tower itself. Passenger side is not so bad. Then you got the torsion bars underneath. Its tight all over. 6 known choices in order of popularity (and affordability): Spitfires, Hooker 5208 (fw), TTI, Hedman Husslers (fw), Dougs, and the old School Cyclones (fw).

6 known choices in order of popularity (and affordability): Spitfires, Hooker 5208 (fw), TTI, Hedman Husslers (fw), Dougs, and the old School Cyclones (fw).

There were two different style Hooker fender well headers, the current ones that have two tubes that go through the fender wells and two tubes go through the chassis. They also made some that were full fender well headers that had all tubes go through the fender well and the collectors were in the fender well pointing down. I had a set of these and never seen another set since.

sound like Hedman Husslers with the collector in the wheel well. I had the 2+2 Hookers.

-
Back