summit racing store blows

-

340wedge1971

Reaction score
just got back from summit racing store in ohio,what a joke!i thought i was in the chevy twilight zone...dont get me wrong,standing there surrounded by chrome and horsepower was like being in a strip club,but man,totally chevy oriented.asked acouple employees for some help and got the " i dont want to be at work " attitude.what a joke! did have a sweet 440 6/pack on display,but all and all,not impressed! any feedback from you guys that have been there?,maybe its just me...

I guess this one must be like Disneyland. All the hype and no feelings of getting swept away by it all. I feel your pain......Feel like that when I walk into my local NAPA.

I went to the one in Reno. Yeah, it's a total Chevyfest, but I bought a cage and saved myself over $100 in shipping. The way they check out is weird. You go to the counter, tell them what you want, and they give you a number. You wander around for way too long, and then the cashier up front calls your number, and you go pay. Then you wait again until they bring out your parts.

yeah,the checkout was bazarre,a total of 4 people (dip ***** ) i had to deal with before i got to see the stuff i bought! terrible! i hear ya on the napa thing too,at least the one by my house there is acouple guys there with some knowledge.

I used to work in Customer Service, upstairs. On the phones, in my own cubicle. I never relied on the retail employees to place my order. It was much easier to call it in and just get an order number, go in and pay for it. Then they brought it out. I hated having to explain mopar stuff to them. Tell you what tho...the store isn't interesting, but maaaan, you should see the warehouse. Lots of big blue bins, you know whats in those. It was great working there. Hell, I may have talked to some of you before. I was a senior rep, dealt with returns, fixing salesmen mistakes, etc.

I hate the employees that have no passion about the job. Its like "who the hell hired these people?!" Im sure plenty of much more eager people apply too but it seems like they only hire pessimists who hate their job no matter what

I go to the Jegs in columbus all the time. I drive an hour each way to get there. It is all chevys on display but the always have the mopar parts I want in stock and the customer service is great. I went in once with a full page of part numbers and the guy took a cart and went an got every single one of them for me while I looked around. When I bought my cage I ust called the store and the delivered the cage from the distr. center to the store so I could pick it up. I would have to say dealing with the people at the Jegs store is great.

I went there years ago 2003 and I liked it. The floor had a lot of product on display. You could ask to see a part if it wasn't on the floor. When they had something displayed they had 8 of them shown. It was worth my time I thought. Jayson

the more i hear from you guys,the more i think i will be taking my business there! do they have a good catalog? how did you get it,just from the site?

I have never been to either of the stores...jegs or summit (none close by here in southern MI).

But I do get catalogs from both and I have bought online from both places.

don't get me wrong, Jegs is good but I think summit slightly has the upper hand being that when I buy from summit I more often than not get free stickers,hats,windows decals and other goodies and they ship REALLY fast.

but more and more they are giving out less and less goodies.

otherwise, I like both of the products...both of the customer service and I would not hesitate doing business with either in the future

I buy lots of parts from Summit, have not been to the store but have never had a complaint with any of my orders that was not taken care of immediately. Either order on here or by phone mostly. If you can show them where you can buy cheaper they will match it. Parts are usually on my front porch the second day. Until they do me wrong I don't see reason to change my habits.

I just went to the Summit store in Alanta this past Saturday, stopped in just to look around and check on some items. Have to say it was a good visit hit the store right as it opened so me and my Buddy were the only non-employees in there, kind of cool.

Plus there was a Factory lightweight Plymouth on the showcase turntable as you walk in along with a straight axle Henry J.

No complaints about the store in Hotlanta on my end.

Mike

my trip there was crappy customer service wise,but i did find a large sandblaster/cabinet in the scratch and dent isle...reg. price was like $220 and i got it for $150,it didnt have a scratch or dent,it was perfect,the reason i got the price reduction is they shipped it without drilling the holes to attach the hinges...i drilled 8 holes and bingo! if anyone is close,i believe they have 2 more with the same problem...it is nice size! here are the work space dimensions- 33 1/2"w x 22"h x 18"d ,comes with light and viewing window!

I agree, Summit in Atlanta has pretty good customer service, they've gone out of their way to help me in the past. But yeah they don't have too much Mopar stuff.

I remember going to the small Jegs store in Columbus back in 1979-82. At the time I lived in Delaware, Ohio, about 20 miles north on route 23. Now Jegs is headquartered there, in Delaware. Their catalogs are free and once you order a catalog or parts, you get the catalogs mailed to you forever it seems. Jegs sends out about 4-5 catalogs a year. Summit has one a year, at least thats all I'm getting in my mail box.
It depends on what I want as to who has the best stuff, but I hedge towards the Jegs side since I grew up with them. I've bought stuff from both and have had no complaints on either one to date. I believe when it comes time this spring to buy my tires and wheels to give my Ram Charger a more "Pro-Street" look, they will probably come from Jegs!

Attachments

• 83 Ram Charger without brush guard.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 375
fifteen yrs ago when mike coughlin (one of jeg coughlins sons) was racing a mopar their selection was way better. He was running a dodge daytona. anyone remember jegs wendsday night super gas at national trail raceway?

Never been to any of the Summit stores but their mail order is second to none...

I realize I am in the minority here, but have you considered supporting your local (if any left) speed shop? I bet these privately owned shops actually want to service their customers?

I live very close to Summit Racing and I go there all of the time. Yes they do have a lot of GM stuff!

I bought a set of MP Valve covers off their scratch and dent table. I didn't notice that they gasket flange was cracked until I got home. I took them back and got a full refund no questions asked. I was happy as the scratch and dent means no returns.

Yes, the cashier ladies are grumpy for some reason but other then that I have had no issues. I'm happy they are in my backyard!

I have never been to either store, but I prefer Jegs. Both companies pretty much have to be Chevy/Mustang focused, as that is where the volume lies.

But at least "Jeggy" raced a Mopar for a while.

I used to sell for Arrow Speed Warehouse and Reliable Automotive back in the day, wonder what happened to those folks?

just got back from summit racing store in ohio,what a joke!i thought i was in the chevy twilight zone...dont get me wrong,standing there surrounded by chrome and horsepower was like being in a strip club,but man,totally chevy oriented.asked acouple employees for some help and got the " i dont want to be at work " attitude.what a joke! did have a sweet 440 6/pack on display,but all and all,not impressed! any feedback from you guys that have been there?,maybe its just me...

you need to call in to customer service and complain about the attitude. Summit is a good company and I promise you they'll do something about that. They are all about customer service. As for the chebbie stuff....well....we all gotta live with that.

-
Back