Sunvisors and headliner: 1960 Valiant 200

-

Gadabout

Reaction score
I see prices on eBay from $20 to $250 for a pair of sun visors. I need the entire deal, including the rod and its mounting bracket; all that is gone. Did the original Valiant have visors that color matched the interior? Any suggestions as to what will fit?

The head liner is long gone, but there are two horizontal wire retaining brackets left. Did it have more than two? Was the headliner white for all interior colors? I am pleased the dome light, along with the original cover is still intact. Not sure if it is a bulb out or something worse.

After getting it passing inspection, next area of attack is a complete restore of the interior. I'm keeping the bench seats. It has original (I think) seat belts in the front. The fabric is quite stiff on those, but looks serviceable. I would assume they were an option as seatbelt laws did not go into effect until 1968?

I see prices on eBay from $20 to $250 for a pair of sun visors. I need the entire deal, including the rod and its mounting bracket; all that is gone. Did the original Valiant have visors that color matched the interior? Any suggestions as to what will fit?

The head liner is long gone, but there are two horizontal wire retaining brackets left. Did it have more than two? Was the headliner white for all interior colors? I am pleased the dome light, along with the original cover is still intact. Not sure if it is a bulb out or something worse.

After getting it passing inspection, next area of attack is a complete restore of the interior. I'm keeping the bench seats. It has original (I think) seat belts in the front. The fabric is quite stiff on those, but looks serviceable. I would assume they were an option as seatbelt laws did not go into effect until 1968?
Check with @Martythetrimmer here on Fabo. He might know.

I used later model Ford Falcon sun visors for mine. This is the start of a hard headlining I made for mine. I slightly moved the mounting point forward to have some metal to mount to.

25.JPG

162.JPG

All my headliners are epoxy primer, urethane primer, and bedliner!!!!!! I hate doing headliners and who can afford to pay a guy!???

OK so I will say it again... I am NOT a fancy guy!!!

On my 63 Dart 170, the sun visors are just fiberboard/cardboard the same color as the headliner. Not padded in any way. I would think (dangerous, I know) the ones in the earlier models would be the same.

-
Back