super shifter 3 ram rods ??

-

65-440

Reaction score
ok, I've done some research but cannot get anything positive. I'm looking for the correct part #'s for an A-body 1-2, 3-4 and reverse Ram rod linkages for super shifter 3. I know some of you have complete setup's, please get me the #'s !!!!!

Are these straight rods or just thicker rods with stock configuration?

Did your super shifter 3 setup come with rods?

yes these would be the HD straight rods. the shifter came with rods but one of them is clearly not right. I searched the part #s and both are 3-4 rods. I just want the correct #s for all needed ram rods for an A-body so I can hunt them down and buy the right ones ! Thanks

I was under the impression when the shift rods were straight, the shifter had that offset plate and the shift rods take a different routing than stock. ?? Help ??

You mean these ?

Super shifter used regular shifter rods
These are for a V-gate with this plate
I have a shifter plate for the earlier Ram Rod shifter

Vertical Gate and Ram Rod used these shifter rods only

Attachments

• shifter 012.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 343
  • shifter 013.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 333
I've seen the super shifter 3 used with the ram rods and the shifter box mounted to the stock location. I have an old hurst inline ram rod shifter on a B-body mounting plate with the correct rods, that is a totally different shifter ! I know you can buy super shifter rod sets, and they are straight. ****, i've seen pictures on here with the straight rods on the super shifter ! ....

Here's the correct rods you are looking for. Notice the ends screw on not clip on. I will look later to see if they have part numbers on them.

Attachments

• IMG_3014.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_3013.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_3012.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_3011.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_3010.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 305
Are these super shifter 3 rods for an A-body?

The reverse rod looks different than the one Davescuda posted.

Attachments

• 7710961-IMG_0476b.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 302
This is listed on www.hurstshiftersonline.com as a Street Super Shifter.

What is the difference between a Street Super Shifter and a Super Shifter 3 ??

https://hurstshiftersonline.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=67&idcategory=32

hurst_3738617-b_465_detail.jpg

Are these super shifter 3 rods for an A-body?

The reverse rod looks different than the one Davescuda posted.

these are not super shift 3 or ram rod or super shifter 2 going go take more pictures of all 3

maybe they chance them at one time but what have is the real deal

I`m in the same boat I have the shifter but no rods I was going to make a set with helm joints. I can`t imagine that the straight ram rods would fit with no interference but I could be wrong

super shifter 2 the push down reverse lock out

Attachments

• IMG_3027.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_3025.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 286
super shifter 3 with thee correct threaded locking rods missing the locking metal washers you will see the on the ram rod shifter

Attachments

• IMG_3010.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_3011.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 297
Ram Rod Shifter with the correct rods and threaded locking nuts

Attachments

• IMG_3036.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_3035.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_3034.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_3033.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_3032.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 267
I have had alot of these
Ram Rod shifter came first then Hurst took the design from Mr. gasket to make the V gate

The first super shifter you had to push down to get reverse

Super shifter 3 is a competion plus with with a reverse lever

Attachments

• ram rod.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 265
  • super shifter 3.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 288
  • vgate.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 268
Very interesting thread, I learned something new. I had never seen the threaded linkage rod connections before as well as the push down to shift into reverse deal. I have a real early super shifter that doesn't have to be pushed down for reverse and typical clip on linkage rod connections. It does have the straight reinforced linkage rods and a tall mounting plate that raises the height of the shifter itself. I got this setup used in 1971 when it was about a year old.

You can call Hurst and get all the correct numbers.

They should. That seller on Ebay with all the Hurst install kits IS Hurst. They've always helped me.

I'm with 67redcudavert, very interesting and seen stuff here I never knew Hurst made.
Be great if there was someplace where everything Hurst made for the 833s could be referenced. Neat stuff guys, thanks for posting.

-
Back