Super Six Question

-

MOPARJ

What can I upgrade now?
Reaction score
I just purchased a 74 Gold Duster with a Super six setup on the /6. It runs great, but milage is down a but it seems. I will go through all of the tune up procedures. I did notice a manifold leak and it would appear that the exhaust manifold does not have a real gasket. It would appear that RTV sealant was utilized instead by the previous owner.

What the hell!! Cmon, that is ridiculous.

Could this be negatively affecting milage significantly? I dropped from just below a half tank to below the 1/4 mark in about 35 miles of freeway driving at 65 mph. I havent had the car long enough to survey the numbers (only two days), but something doesnt seem kosher.

well vacuum leaks hurt mileage!! Is the 2 bbl a carter bbd? A bbd from a 318, or a /6 jetted bbd? Does the distributer vacuum advance work? Misadjusted or not adjusted vales hurt too. Larger exhaust diamater helps too.You can get 20 mpg's if you work at it.

are you following the miserable mileage thread? :lol:
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=34260

Same thing happened to me when I did the super 6, Mileage suffering but it was running fine. Well apparently I was able to tune it with a huge vacuum leak at the carb and intake manifold, and the egr valve didn't have a gasket, take nothing for granted. Mine now gets 20-22MPG on the hwy if I stay around 65
or you may have a bad sending unit... only if you could be so lucky..Previous owners do strange things but it sounds like the duster is in capable hands now :thumleft:

-
Back