superbird project at an auction this Saturday

-

barracudajohn

Reaction score
I know that this probably isn't the best place to post this, but I just wanted to post this in case any members have interest or know of anyone that might. This Saturday in Stroudsburg Pa a Superbird is going to be sold. You can find the auction on AuctionZip and call the auctioneer with any questions. This is what I know about it, it is a 440, it was purchased new at a dealer in Bangor Pa, Dotta, they are still in business. The car cannot be seen until 8 o'clock Saturday morning at the auction location. I am told that they will only accept a cashier's check or cash. The car will be offered at 11. There is one photo of the car on the auctioneer's web site. It is in gray primer.

First full nut and bolt restoration I ever did was a Superbird. I was in Myrtle Beach on vacation and saw it sitting in a gas station parking lot with a sign in the window. Guy that owned the station had taken it on a mechanics lien. I payed him and drove it home and spent 2 years fixing it. By the time I got it done, I didn't much care for it even though it turned out VERY nice. I stuck it in Hemmings and made a boat load of money in 1987 dollars. It went to Fitchburg, MA. I don't like em well enough to ever do another one! :realcrazy:

-
Back