Sure Has Been a While

-

64 SRT8 Dart

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Been a while since posting as well as even visiting the site. I think last time I posted it was about trying to clean up finances and credit enough to finally buy a house.

Well, we finally were able to buy a house! Got moved into it in July. The apartment management in the complex we were in for 7 years was going to raise our rent from $845 a month to $915 and to go month to month they wanted $1577!!! This is on a one bedroom apartment!! At that point we started working with a lender to see what we needed to do. We met requirements in May and started looking. Now we're in our own 4bd 2bath 2080sq ft w/detached oversized 2 car garage for $1096 a month!

I'm still the 3rd shift Weld dept lead but there's been talk since June of ending the shift and going to 4 10's on 1st and 2nd. I haven't seen the shop this slow for years. Kinda scary. This global economy bs.

Been playing with the Magnum still but have ran into some issues. Had to order a new PCM on Thursday as it kept throwing all sorts of random codes like O2 sensors, Mass Air Circuit, Transmission Control System, Incorrect Gear Ratio, etc. I did replace IAT and MAP Sensors as well as O2 sensors and then it still throws the trans codes and Mass Air Circuit codes. Upon research on lxforums.com it seems this a common issue on 06 RT models. Very annoying. I can't even drive the car at the moment as it won't stay running.

Anyways, just thought I'd drop in and give an update. Still may one day get into another Abody but would also like to get a 66-67 Belvedere/Satellite. lol

Nice to see you back! I forget how y'all's housing out there is so much higher than here in ky!! We're renting out our 2 bed, 1 bath house with 2 car garage and 4 acres for $500 a month! Working on buying a 3 bed, 2 bath house with 1 car attached garage, 3 car detached garage, 5 bay 40x80 shop and 16 acres and our payment will be around $900-975 a month!!!

good to hear from you Jeremy, hey I bet the valiant isn't throwing codes and is still running LOL

glad you were finally able to get your own home, it sure is nice isn't it ? rent around here is crazy

75slant6, yeah the rent and price of homes around here is so inflated right now. They still predict the market to grow 5% or more every year for the next 5-10yrs. I know I could sell in 5 years and take the equity and pay cash for a house back in IL and own it outright! lol

Lance, how've you been? I'm sure the Valiant is still running somewhere, lol. And yes, the rent is just preposterous!! When asked about why it's going up so high, the management just says, well, that's what it's doing. That's the only excuse they can give....nothing that is logical or makes sense.

It's great you were able to get out of that apartment. But not all people want to, or are able to, that is why rent is stupid expensive. Supply and demand affects everything it seems.

Nice to have you back Jeremy, and glad to hear that you finally got your own house!! Now, time to fill up that oversized man cave of yours!!!

Hey Geoff, Yeah, I'd like to pick up something soon. Just to pass some time and $$$ away....just the $$$ is going to be a little more tight, lol.

I did find this several days ago and the wifey actually said I could pick it up if I wanted!
1964 Dodge Dart gt

I even have a straight bumper and grille for it! Several things worry me though: no title and looks like it's sitting on the rear frame. I may just go take a look at it though to see if the frame is gone. Getting a title shouldn't be too bad. For the price and maybe able to talk em down a little, it's not too bad looking of a car. Especially the V8 4sp get up would be fun around town.

Welcome back! I remember you mentioning the rent/landlord issues a while back.
Congrats on home ownership. You will never regret it.
That 64 looks like a nice project!

-
Back