Swap meet Dewalt and Milwaukee tools

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
Swap meets flooded with these new and used battery powered drivers and saws. What gives? Do these get scrapped when defective and returned or what? Some manufacturers say field destroy returns...maybe these get resold or sold by the pound? I must have passed 500 Dewalt 1/4 nut drivers......

16821903659668382075674965733461.jpg

It would be interesting to check out, but I have to agree, you may not get what you are paying for. To many untrustworthy people out there.

I don't know where they come from. I've wondered that myself. Theft recovery? Crashed semi and insurance pays off and auctions off the contents? Unclaimed shipping containers?

Stores like home depot and lowes do not resell returns. They all get sent to a warehouse and put in big boxes on pallets that are later auctioned off. There's a few people on youtube that do videos opening their mystery pallets. Thats another thing, its all a gamble since you cant look through the boxes. However, there are broken items but also many new items as well. I saw one video where the guy ended up with a huge horde of milwaukee tools.

The guy I saw with the milwaukee tools said it was from home depot.

I agree with MoparMike1974, there is an auction company just west of me, in Kalamazoo, Mich. that has Home Depot auctions every once in awhile, all their auctions are online, and you cannot imagine all the different stuff they sell at that place.

nut drivers were still $100-130. I passed on all of them. But did pick up an airless paint sprayer for $5...just needed a good cleaning.

I agree with MoparMike1974, there is an auction company just west of me, in Kalamazoo, Mich. that has Home Depot auctions every once in awhile, all their auctions are online, and you cannot imagine all the different stuff they sell at that place.
Mad cheetah?

I've gotten quite a bit of cool stuff from them, the trick is to keep in mind what you are willing to spend, rather then what it's worth

I have a bag full of that stuff from my working days, no one wants to buy a potential headache so I still have them.

-
Back