swap to electronic ignition

-

trbodrt

Reaction score
i have a 72 dart with a 225, ive seen the pertronix kits for 90$, i know they had electronic ignition in 72 so i figure i can buy the electronic ignition distributor at pep boys for $50 and use my mopar ignition module from my v8 and just wire it up. I havent done this before so i was curious before i buy anything if it sounds right.

Yes you can.
Get your self a electronic dist,orange box,and Mopar wire harness P3690152.
The instructions are all over the net. If I remember right the blue wire goes to the "switched" side of the ballast res. The rest is plug & play. 8)

I already have the harness and the orange box from my v8 so i guess the only step left if to shoot down to pepboys for the distributor.

I'm looking at the same thing. Is this the better way to go rather than the Pertronix electronic kit and coil, and then an ignition box?

I want a good, reliable electronic ignition, but I don't want to shell out the big $$$ if I don't have to.

If its a reman (which it will be) Check it REAL good for problems before you even leave the store. I have seen all sorts of problems with them. I actually prefer to get mine from the Junkyard and then just go thru them. If you can find a supersix 78 Volarie or Aspen grab the dist off of it. It wil have a good curve all ready built in.
Frank

I'm doing something similar. I put a 225 out of a 82 d100 but i don't have the "orange" box ignition module. I do have the harness that came off of the truck will it work? Where can I get a control module? Or should I say what can I take the necessary parts off of?

Brian
I would go HEI. Its a better system and gets rid of the ballast resistor. The ECU's are cheap and easy to find. There are some GREAT threads over at .org.
Frank

-
Back