swapability of sway bars?

-
If you want a beefy sway bar, check out Hellwig. They have the bar and brackets ready to go.Saw them at the Spring Fling,very impressed. Make the addco stuff look like a kids toy.

If you want a beefy sway bar, check out Hellwig. They have the bar and brackets ready to go.Saw them at the Spring Fling,very impressed. Make the addco stuff look like a kids toy.

I'm just about finished on the Hellwig 73-76 A-body prototype. :cheers:

It's gonna take three tries to get it perfect. I'm testing it in TWO K-member setups just to be sure. One entire setup off the car so I can see everything clearly. I also know that over the years the bottom of the K-member gets smashed down and I'm trying to give a little account for that too. Got your back!

Also want enough room in there to easily go to a 1 1/4" hollow bar also with no clearance issues. :-D

Don't forget to compliment the front bar with a rear one !! Takes most of the push (understeer or plowing) out of the car.

did they change the suspension that radically for '73s?[/quote]

Yep. The earlier swaybar went around the front of the K.
73 and up went through the K and is a larger/stronger bar.

You can put an early sway bar on a late k-member. Some of the earlier late k's also had the frame mount holes drilled.

The suspension really didn't change much. The routing of the sway bar did, though.

was thinking of getting this setup, check out the price!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-67-72-Dodge-Dart-duster-anti-sway-bar-front-rear_W0QQitemZ200338486642QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item2ea51ab572&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A1205|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

since i have no factory sway bars, i assume i'll have to drill holes for the mounting brackets?

Being a 73 it probably has the holes in the k-member. The problem with that setup is the shape doesn't look right and there's no brand name that I can see.

yeah, i was really trying to talk myself into being a penny pincher. but the more i look at the reality of it, i'm just going to have to suck it up and spend the couple extra bills to get the good stuff.
i'm gonna call firm feel on monday morning. their stuff looks real top shelf. the mounting gear all looks really beefy. and its made in USA by racers. :-D

-
Back