Swapping gas pedal to cable linkage

-

FreeSandwiches

Broken Record
Reaction score
I have ripped the old rod linkage type pedal out of my 63 Dart and I am trying to figure out placement of the cable linkage pedal I got. Should I just mount it overt the hole where the old rod linkage went though? Anyone got pics of a similar swap?

I don,t have any pics. but I also swapped to a 72 Duster gas peddle and throttle cable in my 66 Dart.I pulled the 6 cyl. out,and put in a 360/904,done away with all the rods and linkage and used a Lokar kickdown cable.Made my own throttle cable holddown.I just tacked my peddle to the old hole in the firewall,works good.

For your early A-body,the best pedal to get for is from a early V8 A-body.

Reason being,if you peel back your carpet and look at the floor,there are demples in the floor where the gas pedal goes. Then you simply drill out the demples,and your done.This is the best way to do it if you want to keep the original (dots) pedal to.

I have seen them pop up time to time on e-bay.

thanks for the quick response guys.

I'm running a /6 with a 4bbl I'm not too concerned with the floor dots as there is some decent rust down there and I wouldn't be able to find the originals anyway. I don't know what my pedal came out of, the guys at Wildcat Mountain Wrecking up here in Oregon (Mopar only junker) gave it to me and said it would be a good fit, but he pulled it from a trailer full of parts. It looks like it would work bolted over the existing hole, but I was curious if that would cause any problems or if there was a better solution.

I can post pics of the pedal I got if y'all could way in better with a visual.

yay double post, the site was operating funny last night and I didn't see my previous. Mods feel free to delete this one.

that looks like a pedal out of a 70's a body. someone gave me one of those too but i didnt like how it fit. or didnt fit, i just bought a universal gas pedal from summit and a lokar throtlle cable and kickdown cable.

Yeah, that does seem to be the way to go. It'll look nicer and I'll be happier in the end. I'm excited about having a gas pedal that looks fancier than any of the other stuff on my car.

-
Back