Swinger grill/demon grill are they the same ?

-

stingerdart1972

Reaction score
Hey
Got a chance to pick up a mint 1972 Dodge Dart Demon grill

Is it the same as my 1972 Dodge Dart Swinger grill....?

They sure look the same

Thanks for the input !!!

They're the same. A '71 Demon grille is the same as a '71 Dart grille, a '72 Demon grille is the same as a '72 Dart grille. And a '70 Dart grille is the same as a '71, the only difference is the paint on the grille fins.

In fact, the entire front end of a Demon is just a Dart front end from the same year. A Duster shell with Dart bodywork from the doors forward. And different tail lights. Nothing fancy.

Case in point. My '74 Duster

IMG_3627_zpsy3oleyjr.jpg

My '74 Duster with bodywork from a 4-door '71 Dart that was being parted out. Viola, a Demon.

IMG_2475a_zpsazgktsph.jpg

wow, that duster in the top pic is so awesomely and insanely gorgeous

I'm decent at taking pictures ;), it wasn't quite as clean as it looked there. That was after a pretty good wax too. There were a lot of dents and dings, not all of which are visible in that shot. But yeah, it did start out as a 91k original mile, old-lady owned /6 Duster.

Personally though, I'm not a big fan of the '73+ body style, and I prefer Demons to Dusters. But considering that I only paid $2k for that Duster, it was far more cost effective to convert a later Duster over to a Demon than it was to find and buy an original Demon. Especially considering how rust free the Duster is. Most of the Demons I found would have taken a lot more body work than what it's taken me to do the conversion, and cost more to boot. Plus I couldn't care less about matching numbers. It's my driver.

If it makes you feel any better, all of the '74 Duster parts were sold to other members of FABO to help with other builds. Except for the tail panel, which I still have because no one seems to want it.

wish I would have seen that before I bought a new re-pop one for my 75

I've posted it a bunch. I pretty much gave up on it. It's got a few dents and some surface rust around the tail light opening because of one of the dents. I had it down to $35 + shipping, basically just making it worthwhile to pack up at that point. #-o

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=306841

Bottom line is, even people that have '74 Dusters don't want '74 Duster tail panels. ;)

-
Back