swiss cheese frame

-

barracudaman

Reaction score
i have a 69 cuda thats pretty rotted i want to take the front frame rails from a dart and swap out how hard is it and is it a a good idea also can u get coil over suspension for an a body

You really should use your first post to introduce yourself....but...

Swapping frame rails is best done on a chassis jig. Not all that difficult with the right tools. As far as the coil over, check the alterkation from Reilly Motor Sports, or check CAP products. You can search for both on the site here there have been numerous posts on both. Good Luck...

You really should use your first post to introduce yourself....but...

Swapping frame rails is best done on a chassis jig. Not all that difficult with the right tools. As far as the coil over, check the alterkation from Reilly Motor Sports, or check CAP products. You can search for both on the site here there have been numerous posts on both. Good Luck...

I know absolutely zilch about coil-overs, but I have been seeing an awful lot of bad publicity about CAP stuff on this site. I have no idea if it's legit or not, but it makes sense to check into it.

Hello and welcome.

My opinion is that a coil over suspension on an A-Body is total waste of money for anything other than a dedicated track car, showing off or wanting a cool look at shows.

We have members doing road corse work using stock parts (or a combination of stock parts from various years).

The stock suspension, properly rebuilt with quality components is really very good. This coming from a guy that was for years, in both the Miata and BMW club where turning and stopping are serious business.

Hello and welcome.

My opinion is that a coil over suspension on an A-Body is total waste of money for anything other than a dedicated track car, showing off or wanting a cool look at shows.

Probably could add increased header clearance, weight reduction, and more room for everything else in the engine compartment. Finer adjustability with coilovers and yes a cool look at shows.

Calling it a "total waste of money" is purely subjective. I dont feel it was a waste at all.........and I chopped mine apart.

Probably could add increased header clearance, weight reduction, and more room for everything else in the engine compartment. Finer adjustability with coilovers and yes a cool look at shows.

Calling it a "total waste of money" is purely subjective. I dont feel it was a waste at all.........and I chopped mine apart.

Purely subjective is why my first line says "My opinion is".....

-
Back