Tail Light Housing Black Body Sealer?

-

JamesM007

1964 Signet 200 Vert
Reaction score
On my 64 tail lights, when I removed them, there was some black putty like substance that presumably looked like it water proofed them to the body. Any idea what that stuff is called and where can I get it. Working on getting the rear end water proofed.

Also, there was a black rubber gasket that goes between the light housing and the body. From the outside it looks similar to a door edge molding. Any Ideas for an adequate substitute?

Thanks.

On my 64 tail lights, when I removed them, there was some black putty like substance that presumably looked like it water proofed them to the body. Any idea what that stuff is called and where can I get it. Working on getting the rear end water proofed.

Also, there was a black rubber gasket that goes between the light housing and the body. From the outside it looks similar to a door edge molding. Any Ideas for an adequate substitute?

Thanks.
MOPAR Individual Gaskets - Taillight Gaskets - Detroit Muscle Technologies, LLC

Thanks, but that link does not appear to handle the 64 valiant

Still looking.

I used a piece of leftover trunk weatherstrip and some weatherstrip adhesive to make a set, worked perfectly with a little trimming before install. You can't tell the difference once installed, has a nice clean fit, and you know the material is waterproof. Mine is a different year, but it would probably work for yours. Easy alternative if you can't find anyone making them.

-
Back