Votes: 23 22.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-

stansblue72

one of one 1953 ME!
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Trying to decide what color butt stripe I should put on my dart.

1. Gloss Black
2. Satin black
3. A gray close to the color of the wheels
4. white

Or maybe even no stripe.

What do you folks think?

Attachments

• P1000871.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 425
I kinda like it without a stripe, looks good just how it is.

Gotta go with Satin but no stripe works too. That is one beautiful Dart.

Steve

Stan, Your car is truly beautiful just the way it is, but if you want a stripe I voted satin black. It'll go great with your black interior IMO :thumbup:

Gray that matches your wheels could be a tasteful choice too if you have some other gray accents...:)

I thought the stripe was to match the interior when possible

I like shiney stuff and since it isn't original gloss black would look good

But mine is buried under the clear so it is shiney like the rest of the car

White would look great but since it has a black interior I voted gloss black

But it is your car and whatever makes you happy

Your car is a beautiful blue! Everyone does white and black stripes so maybe mix it up a bit with your wheel gray color you mentioned. Either with or without the stripe the cars an attention getter!

Did you ever think of a "Blue" stripe? One either a shade darker or lighter than the blue on your car. That blue, satin black or no stripe at all. Your car looks great just as it is. In the end it's YOUR car and do whatever suits your tastes. I'm gonna go satin black on my Scamp.

Jim

Attachments

• 1795683_10154525727710437_6617073181246243073_n.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 400
i say no stripe. no need for one. they are so over done these days...

if yo are dead set on one then i say white. it will pop on that color..

i say no stripe. no need for one. they are so over done these days...

if yo are dead set on one then i say white. it will pop on that color..

I'm really not dead set on one, in fact I kind of like it with out a butt stripe. That's why I painted the hood scoops body color like your dart instead of black. Your dart looks great by the way!

Back in the day I had a 70 340 swinger that was B5 blue with a white stripe and white roof.

Think I'll wait till summer comes back around before making a decision.

Thanks for all the positive commits took me 5 years to restore or should I say convert the 74 into looking like a 72. Next step will be getting the 360 I have in the shop ready to go in.

Thanks all,
Stan

I think white stripes look awesome on blue cars stands out and sets it off .
I think your car looks good the way it is also .
I used to have a 70 340 swinger b5 with b5 sccops no stripe b5/b7 interior column shift .
I would have put a white stripe when I painted it .
Your car is sweet you win either way !!

Since everything else is nice, glossy, and shiny on the car, id go with the gloss black stripe. make sure the late model losers turn their heads to a gleaming paint job when you pull up at a red light. :toothy8:

I am going gray to match my wheels. I think it gives it more of a modern pro-touring look, but that is what I am going for.

When I first read the poll, I was thinking skidmark brown, then I realized what buttstripe you were talking about roflmao.. Satin black always looks good.

Man thats a good looking Dart! I vote no stripe it looks great just like that. Btw what wheels and tire are you running? Stock suspension? I love the look and would like to do something similar. Thanks

-
Back