Tailpipe opinion

-

RAVano

Reaction score
Going to new tailpipes soon. Currently my temporary pipes exit on an angle behind the rear tire. Should I have them exit like they are now or go out the rear like the factory did?

ED92BC02-F4E6-4010-8BDB-91BA6846110F.jpeg

Last edited:
I like either the factory chrome tips or turndowns hidden, just before the rear bumper.

Out the proper tips to keep that distinctive Mopar sound.
If you don't get the exhaust past the rear bumper, your going to wonder why there are little black acid pits in the chrome of the bumper, that needs wiping off after every drive.
jmo

Past the bumper if you don't want the cyclic droning sound.

I’ve had work done by Pop’s Exhaust before at both locations. Good experiences both times but not on my Dart. I have TTI exhaust now.

Thank you. My car has the springs moved inboard so unfortunately I can’t run pre-bent tailpipes.

Thank you. My car has the springs moved inboard so unfortunately I can’t run pre-bent tailpipes.
I have TTI prebent pipes on my 68 Barracuda with the springs moved inboard by the so-called 3/4 inch offset kit. Tight but doable and no rattles even with the car lowered quite a bit.
It seems that the TTIs are right on.

I prefer the sound of the turn downs to the 340 rectangular straight backs, which is why I have them on my pipes.
Plus; They seem to be more cop-friendly.
Plus, I think it's kindof cool when your Hi-compression 360 is idling across the parking lot raising little individual dust devils as it goes

And it blows dust all over. Bad for car shows.
Even worse is dumps. Had dumps on my black duster for about 4 minutes.. first time I backed into the lane out of my garage and the dust blew up from all the pollen that had recently been released from the trees was enough for me!. lol.

Ordered up tti full exhaust with turn downs. It’ll be installed soon.

With your suggestions I ordered Abody tips. Because of the relocated springs I’ll make some new brackets to mount them. Then, to match of the look of my car I’ll send them out to get powder coated black before the tailpipes get bent up.

14BBE7A6-2A42-4D08-93D8-72570995BE5D.jpeg

Last edited:
With your suggestions I ordered Abody tips. Because of the relocated springs I’ll make some new brackets to mount them. Then, to match of the look of my car I’ll send them out to get powder coated black before the tailpipes get bent up.

View attachment 1716216899

with the black bumpers, the tips may look nice black on that car..

I have TTI prebent pipes on my 68 Barracuda with the springs moved inboard by the so-called 3/4 inch offset kit. Tight but doable and no rattles even with the car lowered quite a bit.
It seems that the TTIs are right on.
Did you move the rear shackle in also or leave those where they were

I don't give a crap if it looks like a Nova or not. I happen to really like where they exit and I plan on getting the tail pipes on my truck run like that. I've always liked pipes exiting under the quarters. I cannot STAND them sticking out under the rear bumper. To me, this looks GREAT.

TAILPIPE.jpeg

I'm working on an AAR Cuda style exhaust which will exit in front of the rear wheels for my 72 Dart. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Screenshot_20230820-154356.png

-
Back