TBI EFI and intake manifolds

-

tanis4457

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there has been any tests done of Holley Sniper or Fitech TBI EFI units on dual plane vs single plane manifolds and the pros/cons? Porting vs non-porting for a TBI EFI intake manifold?

I'm going to be installing my Holley Sniper EFI system onto my LA360 motor and I'm wondering if I should go with a Air Gap RPM or possibly a single plane intake. Since the TBI EFI and carbs are both wet flow type systems, is the same principles the same regardless of carb vs efi? Dual plane for torque and single plane for higher rpm's. I've also heard it's better for EFI to port the heads and intake to have smooth runners and to get rid of rough edges.

I don't know but I'd think they'd act more like "follow the likes of" carb manifold, as they are wet, etc

Rich from fastman efi got back to me stated all tbi efis benefit from a single plane manifold.

The tbi efi must do a lot better job of even fuel atomization than the carb on a single plane, plus lots of these tbi efi units pull the map reading from one side of the carb and i think have problems sometimes with the dual plane divider providing pulsing manifold pressure.

Im planning on doing an air gap to keep the runners cooler. If you look at the edelbrock multiport efi manifold its raised, my aluminum dual plane i have now soaks up a lot of heat so i think avoiding that for this type of system would be best.

Get the best of both worlds and use an air gap with a small spacer.

For what its worth I have the Sniper system and I am using the airgap intake and it performs well.

Get the best of both worlds and use an air gap with a small spacer.

For what its worth I have the Sniper system and I am using the airgap intake and it performs well.

Are you using a drop base air cleaner with that setup? If so which one?

Yea, with my stock manifold the air-cleaner is already almost hitting the hood.
by the way I have a stock '69 340 dressed like a charger/commando motor in a 64 dart and I have a FI-Tech setup, not installed yet.
284 384 purple cam, rhodes lifters, X heads, 4 speed, headers.

Rich from fastman efi got back to me stated all tbi efis benefit from a single plane manifold.

The tbi efi must do a lot better job of even fuel atomization than the carb on a single plane, plus lots of these tbi efi units pull the map reading from one side of the carb and i think have problems sometimes with the dual plane divider providing pulsing manifold pressure.

HERE`S UR ANSWER FROM SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WHAT HE`S TALKING ABOUT, AND I GREE W/ HIM!!-----------------SEE ABOVE.

-
Back