Temperature sensor

-

cdwmotorsports

Reaction score
image.jpg
I’m trying to order a Dakota digital temperature sensor for my electric fan controller and have had no luck finding someone that can tell me which one will fit my big block housing.

So two questions,

Firstly where does it go?
Second anyone have a part number for the correct one?

I know for a fact that the large open port is for my water temp gauge

65B7F91C-E61C-4B63-83EB-052C03514D57.png
I used this for my electric fans on my big block. Works great. I’m not sure this helps
View attachment 1715147352 I’m trying to order a Dakota digital temperature sensor for my electric fan controller and have had no luck finding someone that can tell me which one will fit my big block housing.

So two questions,

Firstly where does it go?
Second anyone have a part number for the correct one?

I know for a fact that the large open port is for my water temp gauge

Not what I’m looking for but thanks for the reply.

I’m pretty sure I need Dakota Digital’s sensor Sen-04-1 but no one seems to be able to confirm this. I am also pretty sure it goes in the far right (far right of pic) port on the top of housing.

Not what I’m looking for but thanks for the reply.

I’m pretty sure I need Dakota Digital’s sensor Sen-04-1 but no one seems to be able to confirm this. I am also pretty sure it goes in the far right (far right of pic) port on the top of housing.
Okay thought id give it a shot. The Front port top of housing is where I installed my temp sensor. Red And Green Wire. The other port is where I hooked up my temp gauge.

Thanks, for that pic that’s part of what I’ve been looking for was the location. My guess was clearly wrong but it gives me a location to find the size for

If you are not using a heater then you can use the port on top of the housing. Or use the smaller port over on the driver side if the sending unit will fit there. You should really use one of the ports on top that are connected to hot water that is exiting the block. The port on the front of the housing is the return line and it feeds back into the pump. Putting the sending unit in that front port is not a good idea since that port will be looking at the cold water in the pump, not the hot water coming out of the engine. The sensor in the picture above should be moved to the other port.

If you are not using a heater then you can use the port on top of the housing. Or use the smaller port over on the driver side if the sending unit will fit there. You should really use one of the ports on top that are connected to hot water that is exiting the block. The port on the front of the housing is the return line and it feeds back into the pump. Putting the sending unit in that front port is not a good idea since that port will be looking at the cold water in the pump, not the hot water coming out of the engine. The sensor in the picture above should be moved to the other port.
The sensor relay is for 160 degrees and thats when my electric fan turns on.. the other port I’m using is for my temp gauge. When the temp gauge hits 160 my fan comes on at the exact same time with no problems. I have tried using the upper port for my sensor and the distributor is in the way. It’s much easier to use the lower port with the same Efficiency.

So based on your statement then I was correct, the sender can and should go in that tiny hole on the drivers side of the pump housing?

So based on your statement then I was correct, the sender can and should go in that tiny hole on the drivers side of the pump housing?
I think You and AndyF is correct, I was just saying I did mine that way after trial and error, it worked best for my application.

-
Back