Tested the new Poly SuperPac manifold

-

RAMM

Reaction score
This was a pretty cool engine to test for a pretty cool guy-Andre Moreau. He runs a Stude @ Bonneville powered by an early Hemi. This Poly of his is slated for his Monaco for some fun and reliable cruising on the street. What was really nice about this dyno session was testing the engine with an old Weiand dual plane manifold first and then getting some quantitative results on this new manifold (SuperPac) that was just released.

Poly Specs:

4.00" x 3.79" for 381 cubes
9.0-1 comp (pumpgas)
ported Poly heads with stock valve head diameter but 11/32" stems(very nice looking work
.510" 236 @ .050" 108 LSA solid CamCraft camshaft
QFT 780 VS
TTI 1 3/4" coated headers

This engine ran beautiful with very nice mannerisms. Stable idle with a little lope, starts well and shuts down without protest. Best total timing was surprisingly found to be 30 and best power occurred by stepping the primary jetting way down from 74 to 68.

The Weiand did well with 387hp and a pretty stout 435 ft/lbs. He was happy with that and really wanted to see what the new manifold could do. Off came the Weiand and surprisingly the gaskets didn't tear so the new manifold went on and we were up and running in about 35 minutes. The new manifold didn't disappoint with a wall to wall torque gain which translated to a best of 409 hp and 470+ft/lbs! Plus the new manifold looks pretty trick too. It is always a blast to test when the engine runs as nice as this one. I took a few pics for any Poly fan. J.Rob

Attachments

• Poly2.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 554
  • Poly3.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 523
That is cool and what a huge increase over the Weiand. Nicely done!

Have you seen where they're made? It looks like a 2 man foundry in Mexico. Tin roof buildings and most of the work is done outside.

RAMM said:
Check the torque @ 2500rpm--450 ft/lbs! J.Rob

First, THX for the post !!!
Second, I am no guru,
but the 'point to point' corrected T/Q-H/P @ 100 rpm increments are ,well, astounding !!!
Thx again for the post Mr J.Rob !!!

That's pretty badass man. Always enjoy your posts.

It's cool they are making poly parts now. Would love to add some *** to the poly in my d100 but damn is it expensive. $600 for the intake alone. I'm probably better off and be money ahead just dropping a 360 or a big block in the thing and just be done with it.

I found this, which is a bit interestin' 547 hp at 5800-6K Bored, stroked to 402

http://www.hotrod.com/features/1601...-with-chryslers-obscure-poly-318-small-block/

poly-318-v8-emc15-02.jpg

It's cool they are making poly parts now. Would love to add some *** to the poly in my d100 but damn is it expensive. $600 for the intake alone. I'm probably better off and be money ahead just dropping a 360 or a big block in the thing and just be done with it.

You could always build a 4" stroked 318 Poly as the 4" LA crank fits fine. Nothing wrong with a 500 Holley 2 barrel either. It's not like you would need a 750 in a truck application. Plenty of 400 cube motors had 2 barrel carburetors.

J.Robb,NICE numbers.. Nice to see what one of these engines do,with new technology. AMEN!

very impressive, so cool these people have put all this work and $ into the poly. a great engine that came along in the wrong time,

yes expensive to build, not for the guy that wants another 1 of "how many" small blocks in another slant duster....... just totally different ballgame.

-
Back