Texas Persuit vehicle?

-
Some years back I saw a cartoon of a F-4 Phantom decked out in California Highway Patrol markings doing a patrol of the Los Angeles to Las Vegas Interstate. Wish I could find it again. It was cute - and you sure weren't going to outrun him!

When I lived in Atlanta, few years back, they were using seized drug cars as pursuit vehicles. I never saw a viper, but I got pulled over by a new Trans Am and another time by some 2-door mercedes.

Very cool.
I was a Trooper in the 1980s and the federal government bought us Trans Ams and Z28s to use as "undercover" speed enforcement vehicles. We would sign up for the duty, which was on your normally scheduled day off, and we were paid time & 1/2 overtime to go out and use these vehicles for 8 hour shifts to enforce the 55 MPH national speed limit. It was interesting duty, especially when a kid in a souped up muscle car would pull up next to you at a light and want to race. Big surprise when they took off and you put the Campaign Hat on and activated the lights and siren to pull them over.

When I lived in Atlanta, few years back, they were using seized drug cars as pursuit vehicles. I never saw a viper, but I got pulled over by a new Trans Am and another time by some 2-door mercedes.

Is that where you came up with your handle? :toothy10:8)

Some years back I saw a cartoon of a F-4 Phantom decked out in California Highway Patrol markings doing a patrol of the Los Angeles to Las Vegas Interstate. Wish I could find it again. It was cute - and you sure weren't going to outrun him!

If ya find it I would love a copy!

Later,
Bruce B.

I've seen some interesting undercover police / enforcement / "narc" cars around , both in L.A. City / County , and Riverside County ; here's a list of the ones I can recall :

- 1986 Monte Carlo SS with a 454 ( LASO , South Whittier / Santa Fe Springs / La Mirada sectors )

- 1971 Charger ( same sectors as mentioned above )

- 1976 Granada with a warmed-up 351 Windsor ( my uncle's personal / undercover car , 1976-1983 . Metro L.A. Sheriff's Office )

- 1982-1985 Camaro ( south Los Angeles )

- Mustang LX 302 ( LASO Lennox division )

- 1986 Buick 'T'-Type turbo 231 V6 built by Kenne-Bell , Art Carr TH 350 ( LASO East L.A. sector )

- 1994 9C1 Caprice ( 383 stroker , iirc ) . South Whittier 'Narc' car .
The guys whom patrolled in this car were someone you did NOT want to mess with nor mouth-off to !

I read years ago that the FBI had several Buick Gran Nationals....all black of course.

We did. We had a Z28 Camaro we used on a bank surveillance and the two guys we were expecting showed up at the bank we were watching that day as we sat in our tinted windows Z28. Surprised the crap out of them./

In WI we the MCSD apparently has a C3 narc car that they occasionally pull out on duty. But I have seen a couple hundais of all things, we mostly have chargers on the highways.

-
Back