Thanksgiving barn find

-

skep419

No show, all go!
Reaction score
I have been looking for a old dodge truck to pull my car to the strip. My dad said my grandpa had a 1986 dodge that he barely drives.
13350_332803260572_561290572_9910323_8116087_n.jpg

40605 miles 1986 250 royal 4x4 360 auto

"Grandpa how much?" "10,000"
eeek.gif
what is this barrett jackson hahaha

video of truck (cell phone kinda crappy)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkGU74mgxzw]video of truck cell phone kinda crappy

Cool!
Thats the truck I was looking to find last year,but ended up with a G.M. :(

I'd offer him $2500 for it. If he declines, tell him you're just going to get it for free in a few years anyway!! I love my Grandpa, but he busts my chops every chance he gets.

I bought a brand new 1990 W250 4X4 LE, which is one step up on the trim level. Every available option you could get with the truck I factory ordered except for 2 tone paint, and I wanted a 4 speed not the automatic. Has A/C, windows, locks, auto front hubs, Dana 60 rear with floating axles, cloth interior, all the chrome trim etc.
INCLUDING the 8% tax in Connecticut the truck was $16,100 OUT THE DOOR! Based upon what you told us about your grandfathers truck, I think $10,000 is VERY close to what he paid for it brand new if he is the original owner.

Having said all that, when I bought my truck all my buddies and family members told me I bought the biggest POS truck on the market. Well guess what....all their cars/trucks (GM & Fords and even a few imports) are LONG gone, and the Mighty Dodge is still here, still looking like new, and has over 200,000 trouble free miles on it.

If you can get that truck for a reasonable cost, DO IT. It will run like a bear, pull a mountain down and outlast you & I together. I know mine will.
Good Luck!

George

dart early resto and disassembly57.jpg

10 grand? Was he kidding? Great truck but man alive, I hope he was just busting your chops like Brian T said. It looks to be in super good condition and with 40K on it, it's just broken in. I think 3.5K would be a fair price.

10 grand? Was he kidding? Great truck but man alive, I hope he was just busting your chops like Brian T said. It looks to be in super good condition and with 40K on it, it's just broken in. I think 3.5K would be a fair price.

The number came from purchasing the same mileage new truck (which 10 grand wouldn't get him much). Because if he sells it he would have to buy another 4x4 to pull the trailer.

I have been looking for a old dodge truck to pull my car to the strip.

I thought you said you were looking for an OLD Dodge truck, LOL. I am selling a '73 4x4 4-speed 360 running/driving project truck (and parts I have collected) for $1800 if you are interested.

got a 97 ram 3500 12 valve cummins turbo diesel duelly 4X4 SLT extended cab with ball hitch in bed AC cruise key less P/W asking $6500

Nope looking for carbureted v8 4x4 auto

You should be able to find what you're looking for for about 2500 with rust repair needed. I see his point of view but really a 2X will really tow better and be easier on parts. Heck, if I were to replace my Ramcharger with a 350+ hp 4x4 it would cost more than 10 grand but that's not what it's worth.

You should be able to find what you're looking for for about 2500 with rust repair needed. I see his point of view but really a 2X will really tow better and be easier on parts. Heck, if I were to replace my Ramcharger with a 350+ hp 4x4 it would cost more than 10 grand but that's not what it's worth.

I know the 2wd would pull better but I would like to get rid of my jeep grand cherokee. Live in the stix and winters are brutal.

I know the 2wd would pull better but I would like to get rid of my jeep grand cherokee. Live in the stix and winters are brutal.

Understood. A few years back (before I had the RC) I looked at a 4 brl 360 4x4 1500 and it had wheel well rust but they only wanted 2500. Keep your eyes on craigslist. :)

Understood. A few years back (before I had the RC) I looked at a 4 brl 360 4x4 1500 and it had wheel well rust but they only wanted 2500. Keep your eyes on craigslist. :)
Bought my 84 Ramcharger this summer for $2300. 4x4 360/auto. 124K. Pretty decent body with a couple of minor rust issues. Easy fixes.

I bought a brand new 1990 W250 4X4 LE, which is one step up on the trim level. Every available option you could get with the truck I factory ordered except for 2 tone paint, and I wanted a 4 speed not the automatic. Has A/C, windows, locks, auto front hubs, Dana 60 rear with floating axles, cloth interior, all the chrome trim etc.
INCLUDING the 8% tax in Connecticut the truck was $16,100 OUT THE DOOR! Based upon what you told us about your grandfathers truck, I think $10,000 is VERY close to what he paid for it brand new if he is the original owner.

Having said all that, when I bought my truck all my buddies and family members told me I bought the biggest POS truck on the market. Well guess what....all their cars/trucks (GM & Fords and even a few imports) are LONG gone, and the Mighty Dodge is still here, still looking like new, and has over 200,000 trouble free miles on it.

If you can get that truck for a reasonable cost, DO IT. It will run like a bear, pull a mountain down and outlast you & I together. I know mine will.
Good Luck!

George

In 86 Royal SE was top of the line, LE was not available.

OP, I just sold a Ext Cab faux 250 4X4, but it was TBI.

-
Back