2585478604_5024f83831_o.jpg

Hey skep419,
Could you post the specs on engine?

Ken
HERE YA GO

Car-1969 DART GT
Weight-3300
Gear ratio-3.91
Tire diameter-245/60/15 (MINITUB GOING IN THIS WINTER)
RPM through trap-5800
MPH through traps-HOPEING TO BE OVER 100MPH (LAST YEAR 96)
ET-DIDNT GET OUT THIS YEAR WITH THE NEW ENGINE MODS (LAST YEAR 13.:cool:

Engine CID-360
Head Type-EDELBROCK (LAST YEAR SMOG HEADS)
Valve size-2.02 1.60
Head Work- MILD PORT (NONE)
Cam Manufacturer-COMP XE284 (STOCK)
Cam specs at 50
Carb type and size-HOLLEY 4150HP DP (EDE 750 VACUUM SEC)
PV Rating
Jet sizes-70 71
Plug number and brand
Intake Manifold Type-RPM AIR GAP (WIEND DUAL)
Piston Make-SPEED PRO 4 VALVE RELIEF??? (STILL HAVE EM ARG)
Compression Ratio-9-1

Trans type-727
Trans Mods-MANUAL VALVE BODY GOING IN
Convertor type-MIDWEST CONVERTER COUSTOM
Convertor stall-2800
Trans Brake-I WISH

Drive shaft stock or aftermarket-STOCK

Initial timing
Total timing-32
Total advance at what RPM

Rear end type-8 3/4
415HP AT THE FLYWHEEL

WHAT DO YOU THINK IT WILL RUN? (MT ET STREETS, CALTRACS, AS BIG OF TIRE THAT WILL FIT)

Well it's not in it yet but there she is, has about 10K on the rebuild, bought off a young fella that didn't see the tree coming :-D

DSC02009.jpg

It'll end up in here eventually once I do the body and paint

DSC02008.jpg

Hey Rob, is that engine out of a truck? The oil dipstick looks like the one on the 360 my son and I pulled out of my folks' Dodge Maxi-van. It seems taller than the one he bought to put in it for his Duster.

Jerry

It was rebuilt along with the trans and has quite a bit of work in it, supposed to make 400hp or so. The guy put it in a van which may explain the dipstick but I don't know what it is originally out of? It was too fast for the kid and the van I guess, the kid was fine but the van wasn't as lucky :-D

Rob,

You can also tell it's out of a truck/van by the rear oil sump and tall motor mount brackets.

True, I should have picked up on that.
I asked because I had started another thread about the problem I have been dealing with in swapping out the truck/van-style dipstick with a car-style replacement dipstick that interferes with the fuel pump. I think I might just use the old tube and cut it off to the correct length so I can use the new level indicator (dipstick). This tube has the correct bends in it necessary to avoid the fuel pump, plus it has a tab to bolt it to the block for stability.

That's another reason why I don't ever throw anything away. Now, I just need to get my wife to understand that logic.
icon10.gif

Jerry

True, I should have picked up on that.
I asked because I had started another thread about the problem I have been dealing with in swapping out the truck/van-style dipstick with a car-style replacement dipstick that interferes with the fuel pump. I think I might just use the old tube and cut it off to the correct length so I can use the new level indicator (dipstick). This tube has the correct bends in it necessary to avoid the fuel pump, plus it has a tab to bolt it to the block for stability.

That's another reason why I don't ever throw anything away. Now, I just need to get my wife to understand that logic.
icon10.gif

Jerry

Excellent, you'll have the process all sorted out and well documented by the time I get to that stage :-D

69 Dart
360, X heads ported and polished, KB domed 10 to 1 psitons, big solid cam, 273 adjustable rocker, 750 worked double pumper, 150 shot of spray.

Nice driver. :toothy10:

Second is a old pic before NOS install.

Mike

100_1389.jpg

100_1085.jpg

69 Dart
360, X heads ported and polished, KB domed 10 to 1 psitons, big solid cam, 273 adjustable rocker, 750 worked double pumper, 150 shot of spray.

Nice driver. :toothy10:

Second is a old pic before NOS install.

Mike

100_1389.jpg

100_1085.jpg

THIS CAR IS SO BAD AZZ I HAVE BEEN TALKING ABOUT PAINTING MY DART FLAT BLACK FOR EVER. GLOSS BLACK STRIPE SICKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Thanks built it as a sleeper, its surpassed that at this point, anymore mods and she'll just about be a full race car. Right now just a cruise in and local car show beater. Hell of a car to drive with the 4 speed and 3.91.
Mike

100_1392.jpg

Love the sinister look, gotta be one of the best lookin Darts I have ever seen. I should only be lucky enough to have my Dart Sport turn out to be such an eye-catcher when it's done. Way to go!!

5258 your car is full kill.
black suede, AND blacked hood, AND butt stripe, AND old style torque thrusts
man the babys must cry alot in your neighborhood
nice nice work !!

5258 your car is full kill.
black suede, AND blacked hood, AND butt stripe, AND old style torque thrusts
man the babys must cry alot in your neighborhood
nice nice work !!

I second that!

Love the subtle look under the hood as well, almost an artistic approach that nothing pops out under the hood but the motor....A+ for the final grade, I love it!!!

That is a sweet looking Dart. Like I said in another thread that if I had another choice I would have a 68 Dart besides my cuda. 69 Dart would ok too. LOL

Then

360.jpg

Now

100_1117.jpg

There is another next to it and there is one or two more early ones I have out at my dads place.

100_1120.jpg

-
Back