The Death Mobile has won...

-

DragginMAster

Reaction score
There is a new car club here in Northwest Arkansas called Nash Back at Ya. They are not a make specific car club, though they pay homage to the Nash Metropolitan in there name, a quaint little car from the 60's if memory serves.

They held a cruise in at Back Yard Burgers in Rogers, AR this afternoon and presented 17 Trophies.

There were many different cars present, nice diversity. There were only 3 mopars in attendance and I had the only A-Body, the other Mopars were a 69 Roadrunner and a Polara, I forget the year.

The rest of the cars were a mix of Camaros, Rustangs, 55 and 57 Chevies, an old Jaguar, a few rat rods and even a Model T. I wish I had not broken my camera, so many cars and trucks worth sharing with you guys.

atworkll3.png

my car won a trophy for best cruiser in progress.

my first win :D

last year I entered it in a car show in Centerville, AR and the car garnered a few laughs and the question of "What is this doing here?"

Nice to find a group of people who do not expect every car to have 2 doors or be 100% complete and original. People who understand this is a hobby and not everyone can afford to buy an already completely restored car.

That's cool! My car is still a project but I will be bringing it to 3 car shows for sure this year (1 is a mopar show), it is still fun! I like to look at the projects more than some show cars! Good job! 8)

There is a new car club here in Northwest Arkansas called Nash Back at Ya. They are not a make specific car club, though they pay homage to the Nash Metropolitan in there name, a quaint little car from the 60's if memory serves.

They held a cruise in at Back Yard Burgers in Rogers, AR this afternoon and presented 17 Trophies.

There were many different cars present, nice diversity. There were only 3 mopars in attendance and I had the only A-Body, the other Mopars were a 69 Roadrunner and a Polara, I forget the year.

The rest of the cars were a mix of Camaros, Rustangs, 55 and 57 Chevies, an old Jaguar, a few rat rods and even a Model T. I wish I had not broken my camera, so many cars and trucks worth sharing with you guys.

atworkll3.png

my car won a trophy for best cruiser in progress.

my first win :D

last year I entered it in a car show in Centerville, AR and the car garnered a few laughs and the question of "What is this doing here?"

Nice to find a group of people who do not expect every car to have 2 doors or be 100% complete and original. People who understand this is a hobby and not everyone can afford to buy an already completely restored car.

Let me congrad's you on your first of many more trophies to come.:cheers:
Keep up the good work
What a great day you will never forget,

I can totally understand what you mean when it comes to being snubbed by the guys with money. when i was 19 I had my first of many mustangs, a 67 6cyl. coupe and every year we have a big mustang show in pensacola,fl so i show up in my mustang to join the local club and even pay dues cause I like em so much, but when I pull up they see my car with the dent in the fender and faded paint job with bondo flaking out of the rear quarter and no hubcaps on steel wheels(which i just freshly painted black and had brand new BFG rubber on...), the 60 yr old woman signing up new members laughs at me and asks me smartassed like if i was going to enter the show. her friends snicker behind her and that was all i needed, I left and from there on i havent joined the club or any other for that matter. I'll show up when other cars are around for a cruise in but I have no need for concourse snobs. real cars are drivers, especially daily drivers!

Good job, must be a nice feeling to know someone out there appreciates the hard work you have put into your car. And yeah you will find a lot that turn their noses up at you if your car isn't perfect, I have been there with my cars, but at least I can say I built it not some one else. More pride when you drive.

Hey, if it weren't for incomplete projects, I wouldn't have any at all. Life has a tendency of gettin in the way of projects like ours, and I think its cool that you aren't lettin that stop you from puttin the rubber to the road. Keep up the good work and enjoy your ride!

Fellas: I know people that have a bad month if they don't trophy at a show and snivvel till hell won't have it. For me i have no concours cars and probably never will. Now i didn't say i didn't have any nice head turnin cars. I don't take my cars to shows to get trophys. I take em to let people look at em that appriciate looking at older cars. I'm not into trailer queens as i drive mine regularly in good weather. Sat nites i go hunting for the kids with the "tough cars". Don't worry about what the TURDS think. Drive em because you enjoy em. BTW. Our show here in West Plains, Mo. is May 10th at the civic center, Lots of stuff in goody bags and music and trophies . Given away a set of goodyear eagles. All you guys are welcome as i'm sponsering the " Best Mopar" trophy. It must be all mopar. No ford or chevy stuff dangling off of it. I guess i'll be there seein how i'm the president of Klassic Kruisers Car Club.

Fellas: I know people that have a bad month if they don't trophy at a show and snivvel till hell won't have it. For me i have no concours cars and probably never will. Now i didn't say i didn't have any nice head turnin cars. I don't take my cars to shows to get trophys. I take em to let people look at em that appriciate looking at older cars. I'm not into trailer queens as i drive mine regularly in good weather. Sat nites i go hunting for the kids with the "tough cars". Don't worry about what the TURDS think. Drive em because you enjoy em. BTW. Our show here in West Plains, Mo. is May 10th at the civic center, Lots of stuff in goody bags and music and trophies . Given away a set of goodyear eagles. All you guys are welcome as i'm sponsering the " Best Mopar" trophy. It must be all mopar. No ford or chevy stuff dangling off of it. I guess i'll be there seein how i'm the president of Klassic Kruisers Car Club.

I hope to see ya there Small Block:cheers:

-
Back