The Elusive Roller Cam.....

-

Coffee&Cars

Reaction score
Has anyone here tried to order a mech. roller cam lately? I have been looking for a week. Every cam company I talked to say there are no billits available. Waiting time is anywhere from 4 to 6 months, maybe ..... I lucked out I found someone who had "1" I repeat, " 1 " billit on his shelf for a RB that he would will cut for me.But still have to wait 8 to ten weeks for it. So much for the season opener.

There are a few rollers on Ebay in stock. Not alot of selection but a few cores to regrind

Regrinding? Probably, sometimes? IDK? Maybe. One of the cam people told me to be wary about some cams. He said some are coated with copper or anodized and only the lobs are hardened. They are of a lesser steel than a true billit.

Has anyone here tried to order a mech. roller cam lately? I have been looking for a week. Every cam company I talked to say there are no billits available. Waiting time is anywhere from 4 to 6 months, maybe ..... I lucked out I found someone who had "1" I repeat, " 1 " billit on his shelf for a RB that he would will cut for me.But still have to wait 8 to ten weeks for it. So much for the season opener.
What are you looking for? I have one on the shelf from my super stock days.

Regrinding? Probably, sometimes? IDK? Maybe. One of the cam people told me to be wary about some cams. He said some are coated with copper or anodized and only the lobs are hardened. They are of a lesser steel than a true billit.
Ok, well believe them I guess. Don't worry about calling someone whose done it for forty years. I'm sure he has zero to bring to the table.

I've been looking for a solid roller for 18 months. I've decided to wait for a custom cam from Jim "Racer" Brown. I'm hoping it won't be too much longer.

Jeez guys. I just thought I'd just let ya all know there is a problem out there.
And I gave you good information that you blew off over some bullshit "you heard". I'm not here for your feelins.

I've been looking for a solid roller for 18 months. I've decided to wait for a custom cam from Jim "Racer" Brown. I'm hoping it won't be too much longer.

He’s back to work now. I talked to him a couple of times last week. He’s trying to catch up.

My builder is looking for cams for several of his customer's builds, for different brands. Nothing appearing soon. That's what we're waiting on for my Ritter block build. He has some impatient people, who just don't get it.

-
Back