The epidemic has hit Connecticut

-
come on guys it has the rare 1 bolt carb mounting pad. Lawrence

ooooooo... The ever so rare slant 6 that is so hard to come by nowadays... Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside:prayer:

That aluminized manifold sure does look great too. They did a great job making it look like grey primer.:violent1:

Yup, they are every were. Im trying my hardest to get a body prices back down to 1996 when I started playing with them but everyone keeps yelling at me when I tell them there car is only worth 1/4 of there asking price.

I think it is a good deal for a rebuilt motor. As long as he has paperwork to verify the rebuild, then what the heck. I've only rebuilt 318 motors in the past, but with the machine work and parts needed, $900 doesn't sound bad. I've spent a heck of a lot more than that for my rebuilds.

I gotta agree. If he can prove it was rebuilt you cant build one for that price.

i dont think thats near as bad as the used up 3,500 dollar 340 and 727 that has never been seperated. numbers matching , but it doesnt match anything other than itself.

kinda looks more like a body hammer was used to me...all in all not a bad price but id rather spend that on a good v8 or something.

I think it is a good deal for a rebuilt motor. As long as he has paperwork to verify the rebuild, then what the heck. I've only rebuilt 318 motors in the past, but with the machine work and parts needed, $900 doesn't sound bad. I've spent a heck of a lot more than that for my rebuilds.

I kind of thought the same thing. Looks like you can see the rebuilt tag on a freeze plug from a rebuilder company.

Well, if you all think it's a fair price, then I will submit to your vastly superior knowledge. It just seemed a little steep to me. Of course, I haven't been doing this as long as most of you, so I respect your knowledge.

hi. im looking to get a bunch of people together to do car shows this year. i have a 74 swinger and i live in manchester. have a good easter, mike

-
Back