The LAST time I raced a Subaru....

-
Back to the subject......we have a sheriff's deputy in out county has a Subaru WRX. I don't know what all he's done to it, but it AINT slow. You better be ready if you pull along side it. Some of them little bastards are fast.

I have a 2011 WRX, sooo much fun to drive! Still not as much as my Dart tho. The stock ones are not very fast (mine is only rated at 265hp). I'm sure my mild 318 3:55 sure grip dart could take it in a strait line race.

Attachments

• phone pics 068.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 207
  • IMAG_0264.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 207
RacerKilla, I agree with you wholeheartedly as I have a friend with an early WRX but modified 500 plus RWHP and a six speed. The car is a monster and the G force heading straight at you when you're a passenger keeps you in the seat with no way of your body moving forward and than hitting the corners is similar to a life threatening experience.

Also efi and computer having launch control, flat foot shifting and data logging. It is a great time and makes everyone laugh and say wow. But there is nothing like v8 mopar with cam and nice exhaust. Sti is a daily driver now but will never replace my old cars.

I have witnessed a death while watching street racing. A kid on a motorcycle did a superman over his bars at the end of the 1/4. Front wheel got the death wobble and that was that. Did it stop me from racing on the street? Nope...there is something rebellious about street racing. I still do it in my minivan,lol for short distances now and then..just shows ya that the rebel in ya never dies.

By the way what is the details on the charger, motor. trans... Any more pictures. Looks like nicely put together car

Wow...What a great reception! thank you everyone.
The car is a 70, originally a 318 car. It was a "500" model. I bought it in 2000 for $1700. It ran and drove great. It had a chipped and dinged up F8 paint job and rust around the rear window and trunk floor. The rest of the car was rock solid.
Now it is a 440 based 493. 727 with a Gear Vendors Overdrive. 3.91 SG 4 wheel discs. I am more into handling than drag racing, so the car has frame connectors, torque boxes, a welded K member, reinforced LCAs, a custom 1.25 solid front sway bar, 7/8" rear bar XHD leafs, battery in trunk and the obvious: (Love 'em or hate 'em) The wheels are 18x9 up front and 18x10 out back. 275-40 and 295-45 Nitto tires.
I've been dealing with detonation problems with the engine. I have a 5 page thread going on FBBO titled "Living with 10.8 compression on the street".
I have built several engines in the past, stock and slightly more than stock. THIS is the first I have built with aluminum heads, a long stroke crank and high compression. I've made all sorts of mistakes with it and I'm still dealing with it all. The car handles great, stops great but I'm still figuring out what to do with the engine. The guys on FBBO have provided a lot of great advice too. Maybe by the end of Summer I'll get it sorted out and run it. It seems that many guys are deep into the 11s with 3900 lb B bodys using 500 inch mills. Here's hoping I will too! :burnout:

Racing at my age is much different than when I was a kid. You could make the argument that street racing is not responsible, but I don't take unnecessary risks now. Straight line, no people around, open area, etc. When I was a kid I remember racing a guy and passing him on a hill at night with no way to see oncoming traffic. That was stupid. I am more careful now and minimize the risk.

Wow...What a great reception! thank you everyone.
The car is a 70, originally a 318 car. It was a "500" model. I bought it in 2000 for $1700. It ran and drove great. It had a chipped and dinged up F8 paint job and rust around the rear window and trunk floor. The rest of the car was rock solid.
Now it is a 440 based 493. 727 with a Gear Vendors Overdrive. 3.91 SG 4 wheel discs. I am more into handling than drag racing, so the car has frame connectors, torque boxes, a welded K member, reinforced LCAs, a custom 1.25 solid front sway bar, 7/8" rear bar XHD leafs, battery in trunk and the obvious: (Love 'em or hate 'em) The wheels are 18x9 up front and 18x10 out back. 275-40 and 295-45 Nitto tires.
I've been dealing with detonation problems with the engine. I have a 5 page thread going on FBBO titled "Living with 10.8 compression on the street".
I have built several engines in the past, stock and slightly more than stock. THIS is the first I have built with aluminum heads, a long stroke crank and high compression. I've made all sorts of mistakes with it and I'm still dealing with it all. The car handles great, stops great but I'm still figuring out what to do with the engine. The guys on FBBO have provided a lot of great advice too. Maybe by the end of Summer I'll get it sorted out and run it. It seems that many guys are deep into the 11s with 3900 lb B bodys using 500 inch mills. Here's hoping I will too! :burnout:
Has anyone suggested water/methanol injection?? that should take care of your detonation real quick, most guys are running windshield washer fluid, but you can buy the stuff from the maker of the injection kit, Nice charger x2 as others have stated good luck with your engine..

Repeat the race on a rainy day. I love that about AWD, rain or shine traction is there. I miss my WRX, it was way too small to be a family car, and it was a wagon to boot. There is a known formula for the WRX/STI: Power + trying to do burn outs = broken transmission. Hell even pushing a lot of power and not launching hard can brake them, then you star down a $1200+ bill or more to get the same weak transmission.

Nice Charger BTW.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kVBWEJAdfQ"]STI AWD flat spins - YouTube[/ame]

Forgot the sti have driver control center diff. You can lock the front and rear wheels together 20/80 10/90... etc percent

That looks just like the one our sheriff's deputy drives.

I was a hardcore v8 muscle car guy with built motors on nitrous, high compression...and use to knock the sewing machine cars as well. After driving one I give the right cars respect now. Sti, evo's, some of the early talons.. I'm not talking a honda with a fart can and a cold air intake. I picked up that sti and one drive home had me smiling ear to ear, stops on a dime with huge stock brembo's on 4 corners, handles great, 20mpg plus, dead smooth idle and 500awhp with the a/c on. All out of a 2.5 4 cylinder that will turn 8000 rpm with out breaking a sweat.

I never seen one that could run a week without the check engine light coming on, sorta kills the family car side of them.....also outran maybe 7 or 8 of them, with all kinds of junk.....

Don't get them riled up racerkilla or they'll treat you like they treat me. Not many here respect power unless it's from a mopar, how sad

-
Back