The new Daily...

-

zac_F71

Reaction score
not sure I can post this here BUT just picked it up today! 2005 Neon SRT-4 91k on it.. 5 speed, bone stock engine, Mopar struts/ Mopar lowering springs

Everything works, runs great, got it for a fair price ($7,000), and needs a couple things BUT I was planning those new things it needs anyway haha

I like it! I have owned two of them myself. First was an 05 commemorative edition that I bought new. And the other one was an 05 also. I picked that one up on eBay for $500 that had been rolled over lightly. Real low miles too. I then picked up a 03 sxt and swapped everything over from the srt4. It was the coolest damn sleeper car lol. Car ran mid 13's on the little stock 15" tires. Really fun cars to drive once you learn how to deal with the torque steer.

Dude, that is awesome!! I always wanted one, still do, I ordered a 98 Neon R/T brand new, still have it, only has about 24k miles :glasses7:

Attachments

• DSC03415.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 251
  • DSC03424.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 250
  • DSC03425.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 248
Nice!

I had a '04 SRT4 that I put about 40k on before selling it to buy my Challenger. Nice little car, just not a new car or FWD guy myself.

I had mine set up with Stage 3 coilovers, a stage 1 ecu, Lorenzo throttle body, Mopar/Borla exhaust, short shifter, 26mm front sway bar (oe PT Cruiser 'vert) and 19mm rear (Neon ACR), Kaminari CF hood and Enkei RPF1's. It ripped around pretty good for a FWD car.

If you haven't driven one before, just be careful with the turbo and limited slip FWD. If you hit it hard enough with boost while you're turning they have a tendency to rip the wheel right out of your hands and go straight...

103_0320copy.jpg

I used to find myself by the Neon plant in Belvidere almost every day, and snow days were my favorite. When shift change came along, everyone would race out to their Neons and try to be first, to the stop light. Three or four would usually hit the ditch. I don't know how you guys can run those things up north with all the snow.

Dude, that is awesome!! I always wanted one, still do, I ordered a 98 Neon R/T brand new, still have it, only has about 24k miles :glasses7:
I need a couple of those Scat Pack decals for mine! That is one sweet touch! I love first gens! That is a CLEAN one Keith! I'll most likely drive it to Mopars - be a blocker for my Durango hauling a 79 Corvette with a for sale sign in it haha

I love this car- haven't felt the torque steer yet but it needs tires and I have only gone to 14psi like 4 times and only once from a stop.. don't honestly plan on beating on it much as it's my daily and want it to last - cost me $45 in 91 to fill - just filled my Durango with 87- cost me $75 LOL

I will likely only do a cold air intake, SCT tune at MAPerformace in Cottage Grove, and MAYBE a down pipe- but I like the way the exhaust sounds right now (factory straight piped with 1 cat)- other than that clean it up and fix a few things that need fixing

ever think of small blocking it! I know a few people that put 360s and 318s in the rt's crazy fast and they said it wasn't to hard a swap.

Awesome find!! I want one myself but I'm afraid of getting one that is beat to hell..... That would be my luck.

cool little cars i have a buddie the has one and the last time he had it dynoed it made 560 to the wheels!! wheel spin all the way to 110 mph lol

gees 560 is to much for FWD lol I plan on getting this one into the 13.50's + a few nice items that I feel it needs (short shifter, stuff like, that)after that I'll be happy and it will just get regular maint.

Well splurged on new tires... had to upon further inspection the one's on the car are at the wear bars ahaha

Went thru discounttiredirect.com and got 4 BFG G-Force Comp2's in 205/50/R17 for $480 shipped with a $50 rebate !CHEAP! gonna have my work mount these up and then purge them with nitrogen :)

Also dwindled my Summit Racing order down to bare essentials - getting new brakes on all 4 corners, 4 NGK plugs, magnetic 14x1.5 oil drain plug, 2 sets of head lights (9007 xenon's for $4.50/pair LOL), AEM SRI, and 2 Good Year serp belts (those look fun NOT!)

I wouldn't go small block unless it was made into a race car.. Keith you need to find a SRT-4 drive train and swap it in yours!

Well I never updated this thread haha - here is a few after giving it a decent wash- and adding some bumble bee decals thanks to Keith for the idea!

-
Back