The Right Stuff Gasket Maker - Good?

-

74desertduster

Reaction score
Am assembling my 360 and am wondering if this stuff is as good as it sounds?

And I don't need gaskets with it?

I'm thinking Oil Pan, Timing Cover, Water Pump, Thermostat Housing, Fuel Pump and water ports between the head/intake.

I worked at a Land Rover dealership for years and that was factory issue for gaskets. On my cars I use gaskets and RTV/Permatex

It truly is the "right stuff" and is approved by Chrysler Corp, however, It's use is best reserved for for sealing the front and rear of an aftermarket intake manifold on our V-8's.

Use good gaskets (FelPro Blue Stripe) and RTV everywhere else with the exception of oil pan gaskets. Intake manifold gaskets are another story and it all depends on what your building. I always use the non-crush style OP gaskets dry. If you use cork OP gaskets and RTV, the RTV acts as a lubricant and the gasket squishes out and is gauranteed to leak. If you use cork OP gaskets, use them dry too and make sure the sealing surface is clean and dry.

i used it all in the first week of putting my motor together haha I was looing for areas to put it were it was suppose to be used..even on friends intake

-
Back