The Scamp's engine, trans and steering are in place

-
All the work we did to keep the stock brake pedal and master cylinder mount was wasted. We had to ax it today as it's just going to be to difficult to build a firewall around it and the header and still have some room for my feet. So it will have to go under the floor.

250810864.jpg

250810851.jpg

250810843.jpg

So it's been awhile since I posted any updates. We haven't gotten a lot done as we didn't do anything over the Memorial day weekend and the weekend before that my wife was overseas and had problems over there, so I was tied up with that.

This weekend we finished mounting the radiator and got part of the firewall cut and in place.

256989121.jpg

256989122.jpg

Looks Good ! I got the Filler n DA sander awaiting, Figured it would be raining today. Why the tilt on the radiator? Ease of Fab?

Catch ya soon

Better air flow. The experts say air stops flowing through a straight up radiator at about 60 MPH. I figure this way it should cool better going down the track.

Today should be nice. I also bought some filler, I guess I need to get sandpaper.

Very classy job. I did a Willy's gasser a few years back, and I can appreciate what it takes to do Pro Street car. Your workmanship looks a lot better than mine. Keep us up to date. Howard

Thanks Howard.

OK, OK, everyone at the track last night chastised me for not having updates up. Sorry, but we haven't gotten a lot done. The firewall is tabbed and both sides of the trans tunnel are done. I would have posted pics but forgot my camera was in the trailer today. Next weekend the pedals should be in and I'll take pics then, I promise. Maybe Eric will come out and finish the quarter panels too. :)

sorry,didn't realize i did that,merlin...after all it is POLISH aviator.....soon I'll figure out
how to send them upside down.let me go....i gotta put a converter in.....

POLISH AVIATOR said:
sorry,didn't realize i did that,merlin...after all it is POLISH aviator.....soon I'll figure out
how to send them upside down.let me go....i gotta put a converter in.....

lol, yeah I know.

Eric S68 and a friend of his came over Saturday and did a great job on the right quarter panel.

Here's Eric
263069080.jpg

And Sam
263069087.jpg

263069084.jpg

263069090.jpg

Thanks Again Eric and Sam!

263069080.jpg

263069080.jpg

263069087.jpg

263069087.jpg

263069084.jpg

263069084.jpg

263069090.jpg

263069090.jpg

My camera is screwing up so I never know what I'm going to get for pics. Here is a few of the master cylinder and brake pedal plus the fiberglass front end mounting. I had more but they didn't come out so I'll take more tomorrow.

265694914.jpg

265694909.jpg

265694914.jpg

265694914.jpg

265694909.jpg

265694909.jpg

Wow! You are realy coming along with it, when do you think it will be ready to make some passes?

Well it will probably be next year. Regular season races are over here in October and start up again in April. So since this year is a washout I'll just take my time and get it ready for next year.

I have been paying attention to your step's on your car and it is coming together nicely and looks like you have dune this before.
Take your time and ejoy!! Is it hard to keep the on lookers back?
If I was your neighbor,I would Have a lawn chair set up by the fence.
Your lab and I would be bud's for sure. Thanks for this great thread DARTCUDA.

I have been paying attention to your step's on your car and it is coming together nicely and looks like you have dune this before.
Take your time and ejoy!! Is it hard to keep the on lookers back?
If I was your neighbor,I would Have a lawn chair set up by the fence.
Your lab and I would be bud's for sure. Thanks for this great thread DARTCUDA.

First thanks for the compliments but I must give credit where credit is due. This is not my place or my dogs. It belongs to my friend Lyle who is also the experienced race car fabricator and welder. It is he who has been the major contributor of fabrication skills.

I can't possibly thank Lyle and and another friend/welder/fabricator Andy enough for all their contributions. I would have never have been able to build this car without their help.

Here is Lyle welding on the headers.

249292794.jpg

249292794.jpg

249292794.jpg

Your ride is really coming along well! Thanks for documenting the process. The photos are very helpful.

The frame and cage were painted and reassembly has begun. There is still plumbing, wiring and tin work left plus the final body work but here are some pics of the rolling car.

301986163.jpg

301986166.jpg

301986171.jpg

301986175.jpg

301986180.jpg

GJ i have said it before and i'll say it again your Scamp is BadAss!
I can't wait to see it done!

that is badass man!

i want to tear the cuda down to that in the future, and just redo everything on it. re wire it, and just repaint, and refinish everything.

this thing is awesome!

-
Back