The Story of my 1966 Plymouth Barracuda

-

kris66cuda

Reaction score
The Story of my 1966 Plymouth Barracuda
Hey FABO be here for a while but never shared the story of my barracuda and how i got it and where it has came and how it is now.

It started all when i was 10 years old when i picked up a paper route in my neighbor hood i did these for 2 and a half years and saved up 1500 dollars. I then started looking and came a cross this 1966 barracuda in the auto trader and asked my dad if they were a good car. Before i finished the sentence he had already on the phone setting a time to go and look at it.

Once i picked it up we started taking it all apart. My dad and myself worked every weekend and evening working on the car. By the time i was `14 i started a job at the local Tim Hortons working full time hours and going to middle school to fund my car obsession. After many long hours i had saved enough money to pay for a paint job. Over $6000 had it finished by the end of 2007 just in time for my grade 12 graduation.

Over the next 4 years i drove it with the slant 6 and loved it but began to get bored of the lack of power out of the slant. My dad and I then swapped in a 1972 LA 360 with 750 double pumper, a small cam upgrade, Rpm intake minifold, and MSD ignition.

To this point i have won 4 Young Gun Trophies. Im only 22 and have made it very far with this build and cannot wait to take it further and to the next level.

Now for the pics i dont have any originals on my computer but if i find any i will post them up for you guys

Kris_M12.jpg

Kris_M25.jpg

Kris_M3.jpg

Kris_M33.jpg

Kris_M37.jpg

Kris_M7.jpg

Kris_M9.jpg

Thanks For taking the time to read my story and looking

Tippin' my hat to "The Great White North." Nice car, neighbor!

Thanks also i found some pics of when i bought it
cuda.jpg

cuda3.jpg

cuda4.jpg

My First Award Win
287915_10150247306630966_586495965_7726011_152850_o.jpg

And A Few From The show I was in Yesterday
DSC08226.jpg

DSC08228.jpg

DSC08231.jpg

The photos were actually done by a friend of a friend she did some amazing shots and i have a ton more also

Great job bro. I hope my son will get that bug. He's 11 and shows no interest. Either way. Solid 66! Way to go. Really dig your ride. :cheers::cheers:

Beautiful 1st gen barracuda you have
It is nice to see young people involved.
I am from Calgary also, maybe I will
see you at a car show next summer.
Darryl

thanks for all the comments guys i never thought at my age i would have actually completed it. I also have a write up for a local magazine this week hopefully more kids can get the bug that i got snd really want to build a muscle car

Nice, another young gun with a 66 although yours was in waaaaay worse shape than mine.

Congrats on all the awards, she is a beauty of a car. I know you are proud of the work you and dad did. Those are memories you will always have.

Ya I actually almost sold it a couple years ago but just couldn't there is way. Too much sentimental value to it

Great Story and a Great car, but I'm biased toward a '66.
Cool that you and your dad worked on it together, i know my son feels the same way.

Ya it means so much more knowing that my family is proud of what i have done. plus growing up it kept me out of trouble

Kris, great job and patience getting your car to where its at. And I'd also shake your dad's hand if I could, it makes the job easier and less scary when you have a great man like him backing you up. Congratulations, I'm sure you'll have more to come in the future!!

Ya my dad is such a huge part in this whole thing if it wasnt for him i would not have this car and who knows what else. I owe a ton of my sucess to both my parents for teaching me the ways early. I had forgot to metion up top that while i was younger my mom kept my bank card and anything i did to earn money went into the bank and i didny get to spend any of it. made saving as a 10 year old alot easier

Just had my interview for my rticle i cannot believe it but so cool should have it published by october

You and your dad did a great job on the car Kris! I'm glad that a young guy like yourself got interested in old Mopars so I'm curious, how did you become interested in these old cars and not join the ricer crowd like most guys your age?

Honestly my dad and my uncle both had older cars while i was growing up. I remember still when i was like 6 and my uncle had a 28 chevy truck and my dad had a 71 chevelle. Then when i was 10 said i wanted to have one like them. Also i was kind of in both crowds I did up a 2006 cobalt but ended up crashing it and doing extra work on the cuda. Plus i Love the look of the old cars and the sound

-
Back