The temptress has gotten to me too...

-
This is going to be a nice build, I was going to suggest buy a new hell-kitty, remove the motor, put the 6.1 you built back in, and trade it off.
Most dealers would not even lift the hood.

Received the Hellcrate on Thursday of last week. Rented a U-Haul motorcycle trailer to haul it because it's low profile and had a fairly low angle ramp. Still turned out to be a real ***** to unload it at home. I have an engine hoist but didn't want to uncrate it or remove the blower just to get in into my garage. Finally got it inside and removed the cube of the crate. I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to raise it off the platform without removing the blower.

I made a lifting plate at one time for my other Gen3s but it is designed for the manifold bolt pattern on the earlier heads. These HC heads have an entirely different bolt pattern located on the outside edge of the mounting area, plus it would mean removing the blower. So I'll need to give it some more thought and see what I can create. Initially, I'm thinking about some type of square or rectangular cradle with chains hanging from each corner, down to mounting points on the engine. I'll have to scope it out and see what points are available for that. Otherwise I'll have to remove the blower and maybe pick up a Miller tool made for Gen3s. I saw also where RMS is now making a knock off of the Miller tool. Will check that out too.
Ther are some lift plates that bolt to the head on eBay under item number 122419646154.I have a set but he has gone up on the price since I purchased mine.Might want to check them out to see if they might work for you.

I think you are on the right track. You need a spreader bar set-up to get a hold of the engine away from the intake. I would think a 3rd pick up point would be needed to keep the ending from rolling over.

Thanks Jeff. Yeah, I think I'm going to build a square spreader with solid strap coming down to four places. Then lift the square with a chain. Guess it will be a little while before I can get it up on an engine stand.

I think you are on the right track. You need a spreader bar set-up to get a hold of the engine away from the intake. I would think a 3rd pick up point would be needed to keep the ending from rolling over.

-
Back