The Ventures

-

Bigmacdak

I'll take the Duster.....
Reaction score
You old heads might remember these guys. Im 26 & I have been listening to them all my life. When rock & roll was king.

My uncle (moms oldest brother) had a band in the 60's called the Monterays. They were a ventures cover band. They had a couple of hits, but the british invasion finished them off. My uncle is friends with Nokie Edwards, they guy playing lead guitar & they still talk every now & then. Just a little FYI.
Its a small world ya know...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFUguUwxDhY&feature=related

I have some Ventures music on my iPod. Now I need is my surfboard8).

John

Thanks for the great rendition of the Wipe out!!!:rock: I have never seen them do it before and it sure got my blood boiling this morning.
I was just about 12 when I finely got this drum run in me.
15 years ago they loved hearing my rendition of it and was the first song to learn on the bass.:rock:

I listen to surf and instrumentall music all the time. If you like the Ventures, check out The Lively Ones. The Ventures had a really big, almost orchestral sound, the Lively Ones were more of a true surf combo.

There's also Dick Dale, The Challengers, The Belairs, The Chantays, The Astronauts... all great stuff and worth a listen.

Never heard a 3+ minute version of Wipeout before...

Now the pressing question

Who know what brand of guitars they are playing?

Never heard a 3+ minute version of Wipeout before...

Now the pressing question

Who know what brand of guitars they are playing?

Thats a good question Sedan. Im not much of a guitar guy so I cant say. Some guys can look at them & tell, but not me.

I'll give unk a call & see if he knows.

EDIT: Unk wont answer the phone. He must be fishing today since the weather is nice. I'll get ahold of him later.

The Ventures in space is my favorite album, allthough I like them all, They are the most talented group to ever play in the '60's ,I listen to them all of the time. Nokie is the best guitar player I have ever seen, bar none on talent alone.....

Thats an early one with Nokie still on the bass. He and the lead guitar fella traded a little later on.

-
Back